Grading the 2017 Wisconsin Badgers: Running Back

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Yes, there’s still this little thing called the Orange Bowl to be played down in Miami, Fla. and all. But, the 2017 season is in the books and it was arguably one of the greatest seasons in Wisconsin Badgers football history. A 12-0 regular season and nearly making the College Football Playoff cemented that fact. Previous Grades:Defensive Line | But, how did the Badgers become 12-0 and what did...

Source

Continue reading...

2018 should be a great year for Badger running backs. I think Groshek remains part of the equation.

I think Groshek remains part of the equation

I think you're right. He'll get his 5-8 carries b/c he has decent vision and comes in and runs like a human bowling ball.

Deal is gonna be the odd man out if everyone comes back healthy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Deal transfers in the spring. He's a good RB, but because of his health issues, probably never going to get that shot in Madison.

I've been watching Nakia Watson this year, out of Westlake HS, Austin, TX. This is a kid who can be something special. He is hard to tackle, and knows how to run within himself. I watched him (a week ago) rack up 27 carries, 189 yards, & 3TDs against Steele, which was a powerhouse. They play Cypress this coming weekend for the state championship, and he's the one who got them there.

Nakia transferred to Westlake after his sophomore year at Manor, because of football. Westlake produces some of the finest college and NFL players in the nation. Each year, their conference puts at least a half dozen kids into top college programs, and this could be a big in-road for Wisconsin recruiting. They'll find others in this group. There's always good game film on them because these teams are televised constantly, and it's with quality camera and analyst work, with nearly as good as college replay systems.

Back