Grades and Observations from Wisconsin’s win over Indiana

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Wisconsin Basketball improved to 9-7 overall and 2-1 in Big Ten play with a 71-61 against Indiana in Madison. Despite losing starting shooting guard Brevin Pritzl to a head injury in warm ups, the Badgers battled hard and played with pride. Wisconsin was led by Ethan Happ, who had 28 points on 11/17 shooting to go along with 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals and 2 blocks. Brad Davison tacked on 14...

Source

Continue reading...

I didn't think the Badgers could win this one without having Pritzl. Our guards are either out with injuries, or playing injured. The fact that our walk-ons proved they deserve a uniform was truly amazing. It showed exactly why the Badgers basketball, and football teams honor these kids, and give them a chance to play. They came through!

If there's one kid who plays with perseverance, it's Brad Davison. This kid has the tools, and the guts, to play past anything, and has already proven to be a leader on the floor, and he's just a freshman, starting his college career. I don't think anything will stand in his way. If he broke a leg, he'd still be out there, with a splint, and crutch, making 3s, and drives to the bucket. He just plain don't let anything stand in his way, and he's not a ball hog, who needs to put it up every time he touches the ball.

The Badgers may not make it to the NCAA tourney this year, but rest assured, they will next year, and for several years thereafter, if they keep stocking the shelf with guys who have as much talent as Happ, Reuvers, Davison, and Ford, whom I see growing every week on defense, and offense.

Hats off to Greg Gard and his staff. They continually coach these kids, and you can see it on the sideline. Everything is a teaching moment, and that's how you teach winning.

As for Indiana, they really don't seem to be playing that hard. It's as if they're afraid they might "sweat."

good grief. how does one get a head injury during warm-ups?

Back