Future QB

Discussion in 'The Warroom' started by Mark87, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Budman

Budman Lifetime Member

Ratings:
    +900 / 1
    Add that to the list of why players will now sit out their bowl games

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mark87

Mark87 Carpe Diem Admin

Ratings:
    +2,043 / 0
    Still think Allen has a shot at greatness ... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...2917841=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

• Like Like x 1
  3. TW

TW Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,292 / 14
    If I was the Packers, and Allen was available in as late as the 4th round, I'd snap him up, and sign him to a contract that would bind him to the Packers long enough to see if he has the makings of replacing Rodgers when the time comes. We need to face the reality that Rodgers could be done in as little as two years, or want out of Green Bay in two years, if things don't go the direction he wants. We need to be prepared for the worst.ds I believe that Rodgers stays no more than 4 more years, and that would make room for an experienced player to step in.

Allen, in my personal opinion, shows me the same things I saw in Rodgers, prior to the Packers drafting him. I realize that at the time I said that, with Favre at QB, I was considered a fool, but time often vindicates us.

There is one point I rate Allen higher than even Rodgers. The commitment he makes to be not only his best, but loyal to those who give him the opportunity to prove it. I rate Rodgers high in this area, but Allen might be well have his picture put next to the word commitment in Wiki.

Whoever gets him, in my opinion, may well be getting the best QB by far, in this draft. Only time will tell, but in the right system, and I think the Packers offense is one of them, he could be a super star.

4. Mark87

Mark87 Carpe Diem Admin

Ratings:
    +2,043 / 0
    He won't get out of the first round. QB talent is hard to come by now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TW

TW Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,292 / 14
    I still believe there could be as many as 5 or 6 picked in the first round. Whether or not all of them are NFL ready, I can't say, but I do know they're all getting a lot of ink. The one who's slipped the most seems to be Mayfield, and I think about how high he was on everyone's boards just two months ago.

6. dannobanano

dannobanano Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Personally, I would wait until next year to draft a QB.

Sign a veteran stop gap this year to a 2 yr. deal, to mirror the remaining time on AR's contract.

If they successfully plug some leaks via FA and the draft this year, they could afford to use a 1st, or 2nd, round pick next year on a promising QB to develop for a potential post-Rodgers era.

Drew Lock, Clayton Thorson, Jacob Eason, and Jarrett Stidham are names that could be available in the 1st two rounds next year. None are perfect, but all have talent/skills that could be developed into a possible franchise QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. eyecatcher

eyecatcher Member

Ratings:
    +955 / 5
    It really depends on the AR contract extension. Do you want to draft a replacement QB in the next 2 years if Rodgers is locked in for the next 6 years. I'd say 3-4 years out is when you look for the replacement.

• Like Like x 2