Finding proper leaders challenges Packers

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Teams need locker-room leaders, but the presence of such a player in Green Bay is open to interpretation.

home

Continue reading...

Good read. Lack of leadership is a problem, really speaks volumes to me that Rodgers and Matthews are not considered leaders on this football team.

Boy oh boy, this article really lays it out there things we have talked about here.

One quick note....on Fabre's SB year, the biggest leader was Wayne Simmons....Wolf spoke about that and one of his big regrets of letting Simmons leave after that season

Interesting article indeed, especially the Sutton comment. While I agree with the premise of the article, I didn't like one statement. the statement was, "the Packers had just lost to the Indianapolis Colts, an inferior opponent".

Are they indeed inferior or are we again assuming that the Packers are all powerful and it was just an off game?

I wish we did have someone who could light a fire under players. Obviously the McCarthy philosophy that nobody has to, has permeated the entire team. Personally, I think that sucks. You need at least one guy who gives every ounce of energy on every play, who steps up, and challenges others to join him in doing their best. It actually becomes infectious, but something I always said over the years, to get it started, you need one "typhoid Annie type," to make it happen. They infect everyone with their emotions.

We had a coach like that. He left the team. From what I've gathered, from inside sources, he was a little too "effervescent," and someone on the sideline didn't want coaches to be that emotional. I'm talking about Kevin Greene. He got everyone jacked up, and moving. Even those outside of his control. And, think about this, Matthews was always on fire when Kevin was his coach.

A spark plug type on defense would be a linebacker first. Second possibility, a DB. Rarely would it be a DL. On offense, a WR who does magic, or a TE, who has no limits. Rarely is it a QB or RB. If it's an offensive lineman, it's the center, and you see him on players giving them support, after each play. But, as I said, that's rare.

As good as Jordy is, he's not an alpha person. He wouldn't work. I don't have a clue who could do it in GB.

Bud.....it's been a bad trend under MM that this team plays down to the talent level instead of beating their butts.

Glad u mentioned Sitton. Was hoping someone else would.

What no one has posted here yet, though we have talked at length on it in Shout and other threads.....is what seems to be a lack of coaches getting team geared up or showing pissed off emotion after a loss. Sort of like it's just another day at the office bh(

TW.....yep and who could forget when Greene told CM now is the time and CM went out like a man possessed, wrecking havoc and got a sack!

It would seem MM likes mellow choir boys, whether it's players or coaches

It would seem MM likes mellow choir boys, whether it's players or coaches

Which confounds me because according to TT, the Pittsburgh macho was an admirable attribute.

Don't know and don't get it Bud. Definitely isn't Steeler mentality. Could it be MM has mellowed out since settling into family life and the loss of his brother?

Sure seems like he has control issues and is a control freak....demonstrated by his stepping on Caper's toes being involved with defense and his attitude towards members of the press when they ask him questions.

After the NYG game tonight OBJ was talking about how the team was really coming together as of late. How the OL was spending time with the DB's who were spending time with the WRs etc.. Really gelling as a team. Do any of the position groups interact with any others in GB?

Back