Favre has to face the music!

TW

Reaction score
Brett Favre will either have to make a deal with prosecutors, or face fraud charges in court, which will definitely put him in jail, if convicted. His last attempt to avoid prosecution was to get the charges dismissed.. He failed.

He'll probably be able to make a deal, but I'd sure rather see him in jail.

He's a monumental asshole.

Relax kids. These are typical pre-trial and pre-discovery motions. Losing one of these motions is not a predictor that he will lose in court.

It's very hard to prove fraud. From what I've read, I doubt it will be proved against Favre.

But quite simply, this is how I see it:

Favre: MS I'd like some money to fund the building of a Volleyball Court at my old school.
MS: We'll find it.
Favre: Is this OK?
MS: Yup, here's the check.
Favre: OK, I'll get 'er done.

It's maddening. But that's what happens regarding getting money from our govenments. They are all whores to have their name on something or to get close to celebrity.

Favre isn't smart enough to have the intent necessary for the crimes some want to convict him of. Being an Asshole isn't a crime.

I only bet 1 beer. I'll bet anybody Favre doesn't go to jail 1 beer. I'll bet anybody Favre doesn't lose at trial 1 beer.

Remember in your cock-sureadness, the attorneys against Favre are government attorneys, who are the best and brightest.

Along the way Favre was warned. He was either really naive or didn’t care. However, as was said fraud is really hard to prove because you have to prove intent.

Prosecutors must think they have a good case if they’re going to hard.

That being said this is small potatoes compared to the frauds that our legal system lets go on. Favres biggest problem is that he’s known to football fans but isn’t nearly rich enough, or paid off enough politicians, to get away with it…

He'll cop a plea at a much reduced level, and get away with a hefty fine, end up doing a lot of public service work as penance, and be back in the saddle.

I don't think Favre gets anything out of this, he asked for free $ and got it like Keg said. Do you folks know how many publicly funded gyms and FB fields are in this country? I mean it's a lot.

Add in it's a fairly typical good old boys deal, it's hard to explain unless you have lived here for a while but fraud, um no not really.

Last edited:
I agree with TW. Favre will do a plea deal he pays back any money still owed. Get some public service were he makes some speeches and that's it.

Back