Euro Cup Soccer

Discussion in 'All The Udder Stuff' started by PackerShrine, Jun 7, 2016.

1. oakleaf

oakleaf Member

Ratings:
    +314 / 2
    Wales v Portugal today at 2pm Central Time. Wales will be big underdogs with Arsenal midfielder Ramsey and Spurs full-back Davies suspended. Ramsey is a HUGE loss. It will be fun to watch Real Madrid's Bale and Ronaldo oppose each other. Wish I could sneak out of work...

I haven't really cared who wins throughout the tourney, just enjoying the games I can watch. But I have to admit to liking this Wales team and would love to see them take down Portugal and go into the finals. If I were a betting man though, I'd say Portugal 3-1. However... GO WELSH DRAGONS!

2. Cheesedog

Cheesedog Moderator

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Ya that's pretty huge... I probably won't get to see much of it unfortunately and for some reason I can't find the replays of last couple games on ESPN Watch on my Roku... Annoying...

3. oakleaf

oakleaf Member

Ratings:
    +314 / 2
    Yep, Ramsey was too big of a loss and left a big hole for Portugal to work from. Ronaldo came up big!

4. PackerShrine

PackerShrine Moderator

Ratings:
    +97 / 0
    You should see the Chops here at work, they're mighty proud right now.

5. oakleaf

oakleaf Member

Ratings:
    +314 / 2
    Unfortunately the two best teams are facing each other in the semis and not the final. France is whole and rested from an easy game against Iceland. Germany is coming off a tough match against Italy and is without Gomez, Hummels and Khedira. Hummels suspension is a huge loss considering France's offense. France is very hard to beat on home pitch. However, Germany likes to beat up host teams. (Remember Brazil? :eek:)

If I haven't said Germany all along I'd pick France for this one. So all I'm predicting is the score and that Giroud will have at least one goal. 3-2 in regular time.

6. PackerShrine

PackerShrine Moderator

Ratings:
    +97 / 0
    So Germany eewt. What do you think of the theory that the fix was in? Was the Italian referee biased against the Germans?

7. oakleaf

oakleaf Member

Ratings:
    +314 / 2
    There's always underlying drama and bias in European soccer! But no, not fixed. Schweinsteiger should know to keep his arms down. I think injuries and suspensions hurt teams this year more than anything.

8. PackerShrine

PackerShrine Moderator

Ratings:
    +97 / 0
    I'm not a conspiracy theorist in any way, but I think France got help vs. Germany. The refs gave 4 yellow cards in the game to Germany who are known as a disciplined team, by an Italian referee. You know Germany owned the French for the vast majority of the game, even the announcers were saying the Germans were about to score.
    How it ended up 2-0 is odd.

If Italy had beaten Germany in penalty kicks would the referee been Italian vs. France. Why the heck was the ref Italian in the Germany game?
    Remember that it's a FACT that refs can determine the outcome of a game.

France vs. Purtugal in the final is garbage imo.
    I don't think either France or Portugal derserve to be in the final. We can think of a few teams that played better.
    Sure I will watch the final, but meh.

9. Cheesedog

Cheesedog Moderator

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    i agree.. How Germany lost that game I still can't understand. Even with the unfortunate handball PK (it was a legit call just one of those things) Germany should have been able to overcome that even with the guys they were missing..

This.... x100 Germany is the MOST disciplined team in the whole tourney. 4 yellows? I hope Portugal destroys france... So far both these teams have hung on just enough to win a game off some lucky shots. I'm not confident this will be a very exciting game. But like I said I hope Portugal wins. France has had a relatively easy run which is why they are so rested and relatively injury/yellow card free... They don't deserve to win it all.

The good thing is it gives me a reason to tune out of the family gathering i have to go to today at my wife's sisters house.. With her dad and stepmom, AND, her mom and stepdad.. Wife's brother and kids who they don't see much are visiting as well. Ya his should be fun Shocked(:confused::confused:wacky(:rolleyes:

10. PackerShrine

PackerShrine Moderator

Ratings:
    +97 / 0
    If Portugal wins it will at least cap off a tournament that didn't end as expected. If France wins it will suck.