Euro Cup Soccer

Discussion in 'All The Udder Stuff' started by PackerShrine, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Cheesedog

Cheesedog Moderator

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Interesting fact they were talking about after POL/POR germany hasn't beat Italy in an international competition in their last 8 meetings or something crazy like that...

2. PackerShrine

PackerShrine Moderator

Ratings:
    +97 / 0
    Wow, that's really something......it makes Italy very dangerous at this point.

3. oakleaf

oakleaf Member

Ratings:
    +314 / 2
    Lots of exciting soccer this weekend!

Germany-Italy should be a good one, both teams having allowed just one goal each in the Euro Cup. Whoever blinks first loses this one! Man for man Germany is better than Italy but that did not stop Italy from beating Spain. Although Germany has never beaten Italy in a tournament they beat Italy last time they met, 4-1 and have been controlling other matches for awhile now. I'm going with Germany. Look for Germany to control this game, Kroos to set the pace pressuring Italy further and further up the pitch until they finally get one through for a late score to win 1-0.

France-Iceland has the makings for another Iceland upset. Yes, France is at home and is the better team. However, Kante and Rami are out with two yellow cards each, and Giroud and Koscielny each have one so they may be cautious since they face the winner of Germany-Italy. Iceland has no discipline concerns. My prediction, 1-1 with France winning by PK.

Wales-Belgium should also be a great match! Bale has been awesome! Belgium is down on defenders (one suspended, one injured) but have Hazard regaining health. Wales has Belgium's number in recent games playing in same group. I want to pick Wales here, but I've been saying Germany-Belgium in the final. So my prediction is 2-1 Belgium, breaking Wales psychological advantage with a healthy Hazard and strong attack. We'll know soon enough!

4. Cheesedog

Cheesedog Moderator

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Wow, Wales takes down Belgium... Just wow... The scary thing is that Wales won 3-1 and Gareth Bale didn't even score. These guys are legit... They really have a shot at taking down Germany...

France is somewhat of a paper tiger.. Easy group stage, iced their one point win over Ireland with a dive and a BS red card. I think Iceland has an excellent shot at a win. They don't have superstars but they are solid from top to bottom and play well as a team.

Germany/Italy should be one of the best games of the tourney so far.. Whoever wins that game probably becomes the favorite to win it all.

5. PackerShrine

PackerShrine Moderator

Ratings:
    +97 / 0
    Wales played an amazing game, getting to the semi-finals of such a big tournament is quite the accomplishment for the country. The fans and players looked shocked after they beat Belgium.
    Gotta say though, that Wales would be a super-duper long shot to knock off either Germany or Italy. We can't forget what Germany did IN Brazil in that World Cup final beating the Brazilians 7-1.

IMO, the Italians are the only team left that has a snowball's chance to beat the Germans. Like you said just a few days ago, "it looks like Germany's tournament to lose."

6. PackerShrine

PackerShrine Moderator

Ratings:
    +97 / 0
    I wish I could check this. Germany just beat Italy in a friendly match, but my friend and I are curious about the history of play between the two teams.

7. Cheesedog

Cheesedog Moderator

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
  8. PackerShrine

PackerShrine Moderator

Ratings:
    +97 / 0
    Now we know France dismantled Iceland and that their stock has risen sharply. If you check it, France might still be the odds on favorite to win it.
    Wales over Beguim has been the biggest upset of the tournament so far.

At this point I hope Portugal takes the title, but that would be the same chances as Mike McCarthy getting fired by the Packers at the mid-point of this upcoming season..fat chance.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  9. oakleaf

oakleaf Member

Ratings:
    +314 / 2
    Wales vs. Portugal will be great! Looking forward to Bale vs. Ronaldo. I'm picking Wales. And sticking with Germany.

10. Cheesedog

Cheesedog Moderator

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    I agree on Germany. France dismantled Iceland yes, but Iceland played above itself for so many games they finally crashed back to earth. France still remains relatively untested this tourney...

Wales is such a complete team. Portugal can't win unless Ronaldo shows up, Wales can cover for Bale if he has a bad game. But like you said it should be a killer game...

At this point I'd say Wales vs Germany in the final..

At this point I really don't care who wins, should be great games..