Euro Cup Soccer

Discussion in 'All The Udder Stuff' started by PackerShrine, Jun 7, 2016.

1. PackerShrine

PackerShrine Moderator

Ratings:
    +97 / 0
    Anyone interested in this year's Euro Cup Soccer tournament in France?

I was born in Dublin Ireland making me a supporter of the Republic of Ireland team in Group E.
    We Irish will also be cheering for the Northern Ireland team in Group C.

GO IRELAND!!

2. Cheesedog

Cheesedog Moderator

Ratings:
    +582 / 2
    Nice!! We can trace my Grandma's family back to Portadown.. My parents went over last fall and brought me back some real Bush Mills and an official Northern Ireland soccer jersey :)

Good read here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...eland-travel-to-euro-2016-with-unbeaten-reco/

3. PackerShrine

PackerShrine Moderator

Ratings:
    +97 / 0
    That's great CD. I've already forwarded the link on to a fellow Irishman.

4. oakleaf

oakleaf Member

Ratings:
    +262 / 2
    Go Iceland! Just kidding. I'll be rooting for Germany. Good team with Ozil, Muller, and Kroos. Hopefully I can catch a few games.

5. Cheesedog

Cheesedog Moderator

Ratings:
    +582 / 2
    While my hope is that Poland and Northern Ireland both advance.. Germany advancing is pretty much a given.. I think Northern Ireland has the best shot to advance aside from Germany.

6. oakleaf

oakleaf Member

Ratings:
    +262 / 2
    I think Poland has best shot to advance aside from Germany. Ukraine may advance but I don't think Northern Ireland will. But I'll root for Northern Ireland with you guys! thumbsup

If I were to pick an underdog to Final 4 it would be Croatia (or possibly Belgium but they'd have to upset Germany). Germany, France, England and even Spain are all too strong. But with single elimination after Groups you never know, right?

7. PackerShrine

PackerShrine Moderator

Ratings:
    +97 / 0
    Keep in mind that of the 24 teams that start from the gate, only 8 do not "make it through" to the 2nd round. This makes your chances of advancing pretty good.

8. oakleaf

oakleaf Member

Ratings:
    +262 / 2
    Germany, France and Spain all win (no surprise); England gets a tie. Croatia, my underdog posts a win. Only got to watch one game, Poland against the Northern Irish. Northern Ireland just didn't make enough challenges and lost 1-0. They MUST beat Ukraine to have a hope at advancing now seeing they have their third game against Germany.

9. PackerShrine

PackerShrine Moderator

Ratings:
    +97 / 0
    Yes sir. Ya didn't mention the Republic of Ireland who played a.surprisingly hard fought match to tie Sweden. We certainly won't be missing the game vs. Belgium next Saturday morning.

In the end the cream will probably rise to the top: Germany, France, Italy and maybe Spain. Whales is my dark horse.

10. oakleaf

oakleaf Member

Ratings:
    +262 / 2
    I didn't see game but I read Irish had an own goal and should have beat Sweden.