Ethan Happ testing the NBA waters, could easily return to Wisconsin

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The showers were barely cold following Wisconsin’s 63-60 loss to No. 1 seed Michigan State on Friday afternoon, but for Ethan Happ the time is right for him to declare for the NBA Draft. Per a report from the Wisconsin State Journal, Happ will explore his NBA options following this season. However, it appears that Happ will not hire an agent and is more committed to coming back than leaving.

Source

Continue reading...

Makes sense, but I'm not sure he finds the NBA all that welcoming. Good for him for getting an evaluation.

Undersized big without any notable physical ability and absolutely no outside shot, intermediate shot, or free throw shooting ability. Can handle the ball well for a big guy and is a willing defender, but despite good handle really doesn't take people off the dribble. NBA defenders with length will give him fits and some that stuff he gets now won't be available to him. I don't know if he'll get that "first round" evaluation he's hoping for.

Considering how little contribution the NBA teams who drafted our two big men from the recent past, I don't see much of a market for him at this point. If he suddenly puts on a little bulk, and starts to hit outside shots and free throws for one year, he might be worth a pick. Otherwise, might not even be a potential pick.

Doing well in college means nothing to the pros. He needs that year, desperately. Kaminiski's and Dekker's situations should tell him that.

Back