Dubz1.0 precombine

Dubz41

Reaction score
I'm going conservative with just one 4th round comp pick. Don't care who we might sign in FA, it doesn't effect this draft. No trades, though I'd like to see TT move a little. This is probably closest to Walt's position ratings.

1st= Reggie Ragland ILB Alabama, 6'1" 255. I know most believe he'll be gone, but I envision him falling to us much like Clinton-Dix did two years ago. Immediate starter (hopefully next to Laurenitus with Ryan as backup) No NFL comparison- he is his own man.

2nd= Adolphus Washington DE Ohio State 6'4" 295. Can play multiple positions. Moves inside on third down. Good athlete, very productive. NFL comparison- Cam Heyward.

3rd= Willie Beavers OT Western Michigan 6'5" 324. Talented but needs work. Not drafted to start, will provide quality depth and could move into either OT position. Needs a year of NFL coaching then is a starter for 10 years. Comp- Donald Penn with more upside.

4a= Kenyan Drake RB Alabama, 6'1" 210. Not a bell cow RB. Injuries in college, but could thrive as a third down RB. SPEED. Must improve blitz pickup to see the field more. Home run threat and kick returner.

4b= Nick Vannett TE Ohio State 6'6" 255. Solid Big Ten performer. Not asked to be big part of passing game at OSU. Accomplished blocker with decent hands. NFL comp- Jason Witten

5th= DJ White CB Georgia Tech 5'11" 195 Solid, competitive well coached player. Will up the competition and provide depth in the secondary.

6th= DJ Reader NT Clemson 6'3" 340. Late round big body. Might be practice squad guy. Might get to play first four weeks while Pennel is out. Might just displace Pennel altogether.

7th= Demarcus Robinson WR Florida 6'1" 205. Not 'Packer' people, but is very talented. Good situation for him in Green Bay to watch and learn how to be a pro. This kid has tools, all questions are about his head.

Will be interesting to see measurements at combine. Remember, HaHa wasn't supposed to fall to us either!

I like it! Ragland seems likely to go a little earlier but it is very plausible just like Clinton-Dix as you point out.

Back