DPF 2016.3 - post combine edition

DenverPackFan

Reaction score
Free agency - Crosby and Daniels have been resigned.

1) Resign Perry.
2) Sign Ladarius Green, TE. He would make a nice complement to Rodgers.
3) Sign Matt Forte, RB. Shouldn't be too expensive and would be an upgrade to Starks and a great backup in case of injury or fat to Lacy.

The Draft - the number is the CBS ranking as of 3/3/2016:

Round 1 - pick #27:
Andrew Billings (DT - Baylor; 15)

Seems to be slipping a little bit which works to our advantage. Rare run-stopper that can also provide some pass rush. Replaces Raji.

Round 2 - pick #57:
Sterling Shepard (WR - Oklahoma; 76)

I've moved him up a round from my second mock after his excellent combine. We've had excellent luck with 2nd round WR's and WR's named Sterling.

Round 3 - pick #88:
Nick Vigil (LB - Utah St.; 174)

Productive and had great numbers at the combine. Gives us the ILB that allows CM3 to be moved around.

Round 4:
Victor Ochi (OLB - Stony Brook; 170)

I'm very high on this guy. I'd consider him in the 3rd. Could be a real steal in the draft. I saw him in one of the combine drills and he about killed the bag.

Round 4 (comp):
Willie Beavers (OT - Western Michigan; 186)

Sounds like a good fit. Just a different name from Thuney that I had in my last two mocks. I could also see Haeg if he slides this far, or Joe Dahl. But I think we get a versatile OL here.

Round 5:
Justin Simmons (CB - NC State; 212)

Probably plays more safety but we can use another athletic DB.

Round 5 (comp):
Devon Cajuste (WR - Stanford; 328)

At 6' 4" and 234 pounds, we will use him as a move TE.

Round 6:
Tom Hackett (P - Utah; 155)

Luxury pick for a Super Bowl contender.

Round 7:
Trevon Coley (DT - Florida Atlantic; 334)

More depth for the DL.

Nice! Billings is slipping a little. His timed movement drills were awful. I really think he will be available to us. Like the two LBs and Shepard is a faster version of Cobb.
Can't draft a punter though! I still suffer BJ Sanderitis!!!

Nice group. If we draft 2 wr who gets cut? I know we struggled last year but with Nelson coming back that frees up cobb. Adams needs a restart and could bounce back as a 3rd or 4th. Abby is like by Rodgers and looked good.... needs to stay healthy. Janis is a st stud and made plays. Also ty is back. I Got No problem with s A Quick Sterling who already runs nfl routes. Just kinda crowded. Nice work!!

Nice! Billings is slipping a little. His timed movement drills were awful. I really think he will be available to us. Like the two LBs and Shepard is a faster version of Cobb.
Can't draft a punter though! I still suffer BJ Sanderitis!!!

Wasn't he a 3rd-round pick, though?

Nice group. If we draft 2 wr who gets cut? I know we struggled last year but with Nelson coming back that frees up cobb. Adams needs a restart and could bounce back as a 3rd or 4th. Abby is like by Rodgers and looked good.... needs to stay healthy. Janis is a st stud and made plays. Also ty is back. I Got No problem with s A Quick Sterling who already runs nfl routes. Just kinda crowded. Nice work!!

I'm taking the second WR as a TE. Thanks!

I really like this draft. Takes care of all the positions of need with pretty decent value all around.

Cajuste is an interesting idea. I'd love a better true TE earlier, but this draft is just not that strong at the position. That sometime messes up value because teams pull the trigger a little early to get the best of what's left.

I really like this draft. Takes care of all the positions of need with pretty decent value all around.

Cajuste is an interesting idea. I'd love a better true TE earlier, but this draft is just not that strong at the position. That sometime messes up value because teams pull the trigger a little early to get the best of what's left.

Thank you!

Saw this on rotoworld this weekend about Cajuste:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/60821/500/combines-comps-and-cajustes

Speaking of SPARQ, Stanford WR/TE Devon Cajuste finished in the 88th percentile as a tight end. Cajuste’s three-cone time of 6.49 has the NFL talking. That mark was tops among 2016 receivers—with whom he tested—and the fifth-best Combine finish of any receiver this decade. The 6-foot-4, 234-pounder, who in our opinion projects best as a TE or an H-Back, also ran a 4.60 in the 40-yard dash. Lance Zierlein of NFL.com agrees with us, likening Cajuste as a prospect to Lance Kendricks. Keep an eye on Cajuste during the process. He didn’t get much pub in college because Stanford’s conservative offense funneled so much usage through Christian McCaffrey, but the skills of an impact move TE are present here, making his ultimate destination highly intriguing.

Updated CBS rankings on 3/7/2016:

Billings - 17 (15)
Shepard - 66 (76)
Vigil - 115 (174)
Ochi - 199 (170)
Beavers - 156 (186)
Simmons - 184 (212)
Cajuste - 350 (328)
Hackett - 155 (155)
Coley - 349 (334)

Are you going to do one more Denver ? I am leaning toward one more for Easter and than posting that as my picks for the draft contest ?

Are you going to do one more Denver ? I am leaning toward one more for Easter and than posting that as my picks for the draft contest ?

I probably will. Maybe even a couple. I was thinking of doing one that is a little more out-of-the-box just to discuss some less-likely options.

I still like this one, frankly!

Back