Dougherty: Packers' collapse jeopardizes jobs

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Green Bay hits low point in Thompson-McCarthy era with blowout loss to Titans

home

Continue reading...

I'd like to say it's a good article, but it isn't. What the hell? Most of us out here have seen this for weeks. Now they're going to "tell us" what we've already seen? Where were they when the cracks were developing, and the wheels were wobbling? Why didn't they spell these problems out then, like most of us out here did?

The answer is simple enough. Reporters need access to the players, coaches, front office, and facilities. If you say the wrong thing, they close ranks, and shut you out. You're pretty much obligated to the theory that you're the media cheerleaders for the team, or you're covering curling in Peshtigo, not the Packers. This is the reality of what it means to be a reporter.

Fortunately, we're not bound by those butt kissing principles. We can say anything we want, and share ideas, even when they're off the wall. Let the good times roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we're doing a 'firing watch' I think Capers has to be close to 75% chance by now. This D is playing every bit as soft and incoherently as did bob Sanders group when he got canned.

But we we all know it starts at the top. In the 12 years TT has been at the helm, he has drafted only 2 blue chip players on D. He has drafted ZERO leaders on D. How is that even possible? It's a quality not valued by the man making decisions. He has built one successful secondary, but that was comprised of a UFA (Woodson), a Sherman era UDFA (Williams), his own UDFA (Shields) and his own blue chip S (Collins). It's been a problem every year before or since 2010. Time for this group to go and let someone else retool or rebuild it.

I'll agree with the above. I think TT got a little caught up with locker room concern and drafted a bunch of decent, nice guys. Role players who don't cause trouble, but not NFL, defend every yard kind of attitude. Some of that is coaching but a lot of it is mental make up. Is there ANYONE in the NFL who is afraid to go across the middle of the Packer defense? When was the last time anyone pounded somebody, even ONE big hit this year? I love Dix, let me rephrase that, I love HaHa Dix, but he doesn't hit anyone. The only guy I recall hitting anyone that you would notice was Thomas in the preseason. Sooo.......

My wish list for coaches going forward:
1- Bill Cowher (or does he love sitting on his ass now?)
2- Kyle Shanahan ( offensive mind, might rejuvenate ARod)
3- Gus Bradley (only as a defensive coordinator, he'll be available)
4- Philbin (second stop is a charm for a lot of guys)

Reactions: TW
Dougherty is a GBPG guy, they've always been soft on the Packer coaches and front office and behind the curve.

When MM starts feeling the heat he'll start looking for a scapegoat. Capers may be that scapegoat after this season. Though a thorough housecleaning is needed.

Disappointing read.....even middle of the road Jason Wilde had more insight and brought more questions and harder on the team then this.

As for my own thoughts, laid that out in post game thread this morning...

I'll agree with the above. I think TT got a little caught up with locker room concern and drafted a bunch of decent, nice guys. Role players who don't cause trouble, but not NFL, defend every yard kind of attitude. Some of that is coaching but a lot of it is mental make up. Is there ANYONE in the NFL who is afraid to go across the middle of the Packer defense? When was the last time anyone pounded somebody, even ONE big hit this year? I love Dix, let me rephrase that, I love HaHa Dix, but he doesn't hit anyone. The only guy I recall hitting anyone that you would notice was Thomas in the preseason. Sooo.......

My wish list for coaches going forward:
1- Bill Cowher (or does he love sitting on his ass now?)
2- Kyle Shanahan ( offensive mind, might rejuvenate ARod)
3- Gus Bradley (only as a defensive coordinator, he'll be available)
4- Philbin (second stop is a charm for a lot of guys)

HC short list
McDermott
McDaniels
Bevel
Shaw (my dream pick but not happening)
Left field pick Sumlin
Cowher is not going a anywhere
Shanahan? Good OC. Not a HC
Philbin see Miami mess

Bring back Mike Holmgren! :)

Thought that a few years back seriously. But thought heard he has Alzheimer's or dementia?

Aaron is pulling a Bert FAvor and making a power play against Mike. He wants Mike's power to dictate what the game plan will be. You cannot reward a player for that. If you want to shit can MIke McCarthy, do so, because he's not holding his diva QB accountable.

Back