Craig Counsell, what were you thinking?

oakleaf

Reaction score
Hader throwing 98 mph with a nasty slider challenges and destroys Bryce Harper, a top batter in MLB. Hader is fired up! So... lets pull him. WTF? Head scratcher... I'm a CC fan but this one is flat out on him. IMO, the big knock on CC is over-managing his pitching. Heck, I even would have kept Nelson in longer rather than bringing in Barnes but he's so focused on pitch count even when a pitcher is pitching lights out. But bring in Hader and then pull him after one batter? Hader made Harper look foolish. I can't get this one out of my head. Was CC watching Hader? Hader flat out dominated one of the best hitters in baseball and then... pull him and bring in HUGHES? Ugh...

This was a big game. The Brewers are now a half game out of first behind the Cubs and facing Scherzer today. The pessimist in me says we won't sniff the top of the NL Central again this season, and thank goodness Packers training camp begins today. The optimist says let's see how we do today and a 2 of 3 on the road against the Nats might be a good start to turning this around and we begin a home stand. MUST WIN TODAY!!!

I agree oak. CC screwed the pooch. Can't let the bull pen off the hook though. Barnes hasn't been good lately and Hughes... WTF? Knebel even struggling. I felt like 4/6 vs Cubs and Nats and they'd be in good shape. Cubs are playing really well right now. The next 4 games could make or break the season.

Yes, totally agree that this Cubs series will be turning point one way or the other for both these teams! I wish I could get to Miller Park this weekend!

Last weeks disaster of a week made it a contest. The Nats/Cubs stretch could bury them if they don't recover. Lose 4-5 of those games and you could be 3 games back. They need to find a way to win 2 of these next 4, preferably 2 against the Cubs.

Ugh, damnit, the pessimist in me won. Time to trade Swarzak and Braun for prospects while we still can! And thank goodness training camp started so we continue to have Wisconsin sports to talk about!

Back