Combine notes: Packers will be aggressive in free agency

As much as I like Fumigali, because he's a Badger, and I like how he handles himself on the field, I fear that missing fingers can be a serious problem in the pro game. It's difficult enough to hang onto the ball with all 10. But, if anyone can get past it, he's your guy.

That said, I remember Lou "The Toe" Groza kicking for the old Browns, and Dempsey kicking the ball 60+ yards, and both of them had feet without toes, and actually, half the foot. Then I think about Raymond Berry, Colts receiver, who had to wear an orthaepaedic shoe because one leg was over an inch shorter than the other, and I think.... Hell yeah! He can join them in the ranks of guys who done it all, despite being told they couldn't.

Channel-surfing yesterday, caught a part of the combine, and there's a LB missing his left hand. Did 20 reps with a prosthesis and uses that hand to knock the ball from ballcarriers.

As much as I like Fumigali, because he's a Badger, and I like how he handles himself on the field, I fear that missing fingers can be a serious problem in the pro game. It's difficult enough to hang onto the ball with all 10. But, if anyone can get past it, he's your guy.

That said, I remember Lou "The Toe" Groza kicking for the old Browns, and Dempsey kicking the ball 60+ yards, and both of them had feet without toes, and actually, half the foot. Then I think about Raymond Berry, Colts receiver, who had to wear an orthaepaedic shoe because one leg was over an inch shorter than the other, and I think.... Hell yeah! He can join them in the ranks of guys who done it all, despite being told they couldn't.

I don't think one finger is going to matter much he has shown he can catch the ball. The biggest issue will be him improving his blocking skills. For a TE that's a huge part of your game.

The impressive kid was the UCF LB Shaq Griffin who's twin brother plays for Seattle. He was born with one hand. His record before the combine on bench press was 11 reps. He was hoping to get 6 he did 20 reps. Now this is a kid who will have challenges in the NFL with only one hand but shows you he has a ton of heart and will give his all to succeed in the NFL.

Shaq is impressive. His one hand is so powerful that if he gets a grip, you ain't getting away. I wonder when he'll go.

Shaq is impressive. His one hand is so powerful that if he gets a grip, you ain't getting away. I wonder when he'll go.

Ran a sub 4.4 today. A very impressive and inspirational young man.

I'd take James in a heartbeat, but not positive about Ward. He had some problems during the Big 10 season. Loses his man once in a while. In the pros, that's a disaster.

As much as I like Fumigali, because he's a Badger,

he sure didn't help his cause at the combine. had the lamest bench press of the te group and didn't participate in anything else. unless he really wows them at his pro day, he'll be lucky to get drafted on day three.

Back