Chmura Speaks Out aka What The Hell Is Really Going on

Good post reality and a great perspective. I wonder if the previous 3 Super Bowl Championships under Belichick bought him some good graces? I'm not sure I agree with your wording or presumption that Packer fans are "crying" for MM to be fired but the intensity of the scrutiny sure has ramped up, and rightly so, imo. Now, I'm not a Pats fan so I can't make any concrete assumptions but I would imagine that after those years that Ou outline above, some Pats fans had to be questioning what was going on. There is nothing wrong with that nor would I label it crying. Is it crying when those approving of MM voice there opinions?

One lousy - if you can call a 10-6 season and quailifying for the playoffs lousy - season isn't gonna get a HC with his history of success fired.

not sure what you mean by "deeper", but here is my assessment of what is amiss:

• the packers lost their one and only deep threat before the season even started. a 1500 yard deficit that needed to be replaced.
  • the packers o-line was playing through significant injuries - and sometime not playing through them also - for most of the season.
  • the packers front office did nothing to replace the one and only deep threat that was lost to injury - despite the fact that there were options available.
  • opposing defenses figured out that the packers had slow receivers who could not get open downfield and adjusted the way that they played against us.
  • our coaching staff could not figure out an answer to the problems stated above. with nobody on the team able to stretch the field, it became very easy to shut down our offense.
bad luck, shortsightedness, and ineptitude is what is amiss.

What options were available for us to replace Jordy last summer? Do you think Ted should have made a trade? We have no clue what Ted was doing behind closed doors. He could have made some inquiries but couldn't find a dance partner.

One lousy - if you can call a 10-6 season and qualifying for the playoffs lousy - season isn't gonna get a HC with his history of success fired.

10 years ago ..no they would not. But things are changing in FB. It's a produce or get lost world. I wouldn't think it would but have seen winning coach's canned at every level of FB the past 3 seasons.. not the same anymore.

What options were available for us to replace Jordy last summer? Do you think Ted should have made a trade? We have no clue what Ted was doing behind closed doors. He could have made some inquiries but couldn't find a dance partner.

It's no secret that members of the Packers' personnel department have griped for years that their boss is almost never willing to make a move. For years, scouts across the league have told me that.

you can choose to ignore what is staring you in the face. many of us have been complaing for years that ted thompson does not use all of the avenues of player acquisition that are available to him. and as mcginn says - it's no secret.

One lousy - if you can call a 10-6 season and quailifying for the playoffs lousy - season isn't gonna get a HC with his history of success fired.

Two sides (at least) to every coin - how about a 4-6 post-bye season and qualifying as a wild card after losing the determining division game at home?

Two sides (at least) to every coin - how about a 4-6 post-bye season and qualifying as a wild card after losing the determining division game at home?

How about going on the road with a backup center at LT, your best CB still in a fog and then have to insert an UDFA corner after Rollins goes out and still come away with a convincing win?

Two things, I'd say. One, mine was written prior to playoff game - I was trying address regular season apples and apples. Two, while happy they did win, I'd say that beating either the Texans or the Redskins doesn't come with a whole lot of bragging rights.

Look, if you're happy with it, great. I've been burned enough by this team over the past few years that I'll reserve judgement and keep my optimism under tight control. Also, just noticed the following in another thread - "Washinton has the weakest defense of all the teams in the playoffs. IF we can muster any kind of offense we can win this game today." - thought it helps limit the joy of victory.

Ted NEVER finds a dance partner, does he?

The only problem I have with this statement is that you are not happy with 10-6 and losing the division but if they somehow put a 4 game winning streak together now and win it all it will be a successful season. I don't get that logic.

To me if they somehow win the SB, I'll be happy but I wont feel like the Packers are the best team. I will feel like they got lucky.

Ted NEVER finds a dance partner, does he?

Or the dance partners he finds are too rich for his blood? Reports say he was all set to make a trade with KC for Gonzalez until their GM raised the price at the the 11th hour and Ted balked (Tony was pissed to if memory serves). And frankly, trades in the NFL are about as rare as hen's teeth. I do wish Ted would be more active in FA. Maybe not the top guys who demand top dollar but there were some mid-level guys who could have helped up out this year.

Back