Chmura Speaks Out aka What The Hell Is Really Going on

Slightly different perspective for a forum that loves to rag on Jay Cutler.... And yes, CHI has issues and didn't win many games but their roster also supposedly is less talented.. Cutler only played 14 games as well. But something deeper is amiss when your 2 time MVP, SB winning future HOFer puts up numbers roughly similar to Jay Cutler.....

Arod QBR - 93.7 Cutler - 92.8
Arod comp % - 60.4 Cutler - 63.9
Arod yards - 3530 Cutler - 3414
Arod YPG - 235.3 Cutler - 243.9
Arod Y/A - 6.7 Cutler - 7.4
Arod TD/INT - 30/7 Cutler 19/8
Arod Sacks - 41 Cutler - 28
Arod Fum - 7 Cutler - 7
Arod FumL - 3 Cutler - 5

Slightly different perspective for a forum that loves to rag on Jay Cutler.... And yes, CHI has issues and didn't win many games but their roster also supposedly is less talented.. Cutler only played 14 games as well. But something deeper is amiss when your 2 time MVP, SB winning future HOFer puts up numbers roughly similar to Jay Cutler.....

Arod QBR - 93.7 Cutler - 92.8
Arod comp % - 60.4 Cutler - 63.9
Arod yards - 3530 Cutler - 3414
Arod YPG - 235.3 Cutler - 243.9
Arod Y/A - 6.7 Cutler - 7.4
Arod TD/INT - 30/7 Cutler 19/8
Arod Sacks - 41 Cutler - 28
Arod Fum - 7 Cutler - 7
Arod FumL - 3 Cutler - 5

not sure what you mean by "deeper", but here is my assessment of what is amiss:

• the packers lost their one and only deep threat before the season even started. a 1500 yard deficit that needed to be replaced.
  • the packers o-line was playing through significant injuries - and sometime not playing through them also - for most of the season.
  • the packers front office did nothing to replace the one and only deep threat that was lost to injury - despite the fact that there were options available.
  • opposing defenses figured out that the packers had slow receivers who could not get open downfield and adjusted the way that they played against us.
  • our coaching staff could not figure out an answer to the problems stated above. with nobody on the team able to stretch the field, it became very easy to shut down our offense.
bad luck, shortsightedness, and ineptitude is what is amiss.

• the packers lost their one and only deep threat before the season even started. a 1500 yard deficit that needed to be replaced.
  • the packers o-line was playing through significant injuries - and sometime not playing through them also - for most of the season.
  • the packers front office did nothing to replace the one and only deep threat that was lost to injury - despite the fact that there were options available.
  • opposing defenses figured out that the packers had slow receivers who could not get open downfield and adjusted the way that they played against us.
  • our coaching staff could not figure out an answer to the problems stated above. with nobody on the team able to stretch the field, it became very easy to shut down our offense.
Who was the deep threat available on the open market?

Basically that's what I mean.. This isn't just the Jordy injury or Arod having a down year...

And this is exactly why, imo, it's very dangerous to think that the return of Nelson will magically fix the WR woes. The WR's were exposed. Was it their injuries that limited their production, their route running and increased drops? I guess we'll have to wait until next year to see how it turns out.

I believe a big part of the WR issues from last season to this season boils down to the fact we combined QB/WR coaches. Young WR need a full time coach and a meeting room of their own.

Combining them gave Aaron to damn much control and the WR with not enough corrections and 1 on 1 time. Yes there maybe some talent issues but lack of correction and accountability can kill you.

Agree with above. They need to figure out that when you have this many young WRs, they need a coach to coach them, not their starting QB to coach them.

Anyone think that bringing back Joe Philbin in Clements role might help? Players always mentioned how good he was as helping set up the gameplan in his previous stint. I'm kind of thinking they need to dump Clements considering the demotion has already probably hurt his status in the locker room. Bring back Van Pelt as the QB coach if MM and AR are good with him and then hire a full-time WR coach.

Would love to see Edgar Bennett back in the WR coach role, but it would be a demotion unless OC/WR combined would made some sense. I've never really understood his role as OC with Clements essentially being in charge on gameday. Heck maybe they should just elevate Edgar to the OC role, dump Clements and don't "replace" him, and hire a fulltime WR coach.

So on WSSP the Big Show this afternoon. Former player Gary Ellerson says according to people he knows on the team MM and Rodgers do have a rift going and that right now if the players had to choose sides most woudl stand with MM as Rodgers have put off a lot of his teammates with his actions and ego

So on WSSP the Big Show this afternoon. Former player Gary Ellerson says according to people he knows on the team MM and Rodgers do have a rift going and that right now if the players had to choose sides most woudl stand with MM as Rodgers have put off a lot of his teammates with his actions and ego

If that is the case, then it is karma. When Favre was on the team, some of the young guys may have talked all this hero worship to the media, but behind closed doors, those same guys were put off as well. That's not conjecture.

everybody loves you when you are winning. only your true friends love you when you are not. lots of two-faced people in the world.

Back