Cheese Curds, 2/16: Tolzien faces tough choice, ticket sales announced for Wisconsin-LSU

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
usa-today-9079278.0.jpg

Mock drafts? You bet your bottom dollar we've got mock drafts for you this week.

As we count down the days until free agency begins and Green Bay Packers fans can wait on pins and needles for Ted Thompson to not really do much of anything, we at Acme Packing Company find ourselves slipping into the insanity of mock drafts and NFL Draft speculation. The NFL Scouting Combine does not even begin for another seven days, but mocks are everywhere.

Thankfully, SB Nation has a handy-dandy list of mocks, and has presented the picks for each of those first-round predictions in visual form. That's in today's curds, and be sure to keep that link bookmarked as it will be updated leading up to the draft.

Finally, before we get to the curds, APC is pleased to announce that for the second straight year, we will be bringing you live coverage of the NFL Scouting Combine direct from Indianapolis. Tex will be on-site for media days, which cover Wednesday through Saturday, whereas the players will be performing their on-field drills from Friday to Monday. Remember to check out the full list of players invited to Indianapolis here.

Infographic: Packers season in review | Packers.com
Here's a fun fact: in five seasons, Aaron Rodgers has had over 500 pass attempts and eight or fewer interceptions. No other quarterback has more than three such years, and only a single other passer (Tom Brady) has more than one.

Scott Tolzien's dilemma: Seek shot at a starting job, or stay as Aaron Rodgers' BFF? - Green Bay Packers Blog- ESPN
That dilemma faces the Packers as well as Tolzien, as Brett Hundley's impressive 2015 preseason will make it tempting to roll with just two quarterbacks in 2016.

Packers Still Not Over Jermichael Finley | Cheesehead TV
In theory, they may be able to replace him through the draft or in free agency, but no player available is a sure thing as a receiver.

Alvarez talks historic opener at Lambeau Field | UWBadgers.com
The ticket details are now released for the Wisconsin-LSU matchup in September - the Badgers will get an allotment of 40,000 tickets (7,500 which will be for students), LSU gets 20,000, and the Packers get to sell the rest.

Who do experts think each team will pick in the 2016 NFL Draft? - SBNation.com
As of today, SB Nation's database of mock drafts has Alabama tackle Jarran Reed as the most likely player to be selected by Green Bay at #27.

Break CJ2K's 40-yard dash record, make a million - NFL.com
Adidas is offering a million bucks if anyone breaks Chris Johnson's record 4.24-second 40 from 2008. The catch? The prospect has to be wearing adidas cleats when he does it.

Continue reading @http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/ ...

No one is going to give Tolzien a starting job. He's not even close to a starting quality QB. Right now it's up to the Packers do they feel Hundley is ready to be Rodgers backup? If they do then Tolzien will be shopping himself to other teams to find another backup job. If they don't feel Hundley is ready Tolzien comes back on another 1 year deal with the Packers.

Agree. There certainly is a relative dearth of talented starters, but what has Tolzien ever done to convince anyone that he's got 'it'? I always look at these things from the standpoint of a Packer fan - if we had a lousy QB situation and signed Tolzien to be the starter, what kind of fan reaction would that generate?

No one is going to give Tolzien a starting job. He's not even close to a starting quality QB. Right now it's up to the Packers do they feel Hundley is ready to be Rodgers backup? If they do then Tolzien will be shopping himself to other teams to find another backup job. If they don't feel Hundley is ready Tolzien comes back on another 1 year deal with the Packers.
Have you seen the NFL qb pool? Right now he gets a shot to start in Cleveland. Houston. LA. And maybe SF

Have you seen the NFL qb pool? Right now he gets a shot to start in Cleveland. Houston. LA. And maybe SF
No way have you seen him play? IMO there is no way he's starting quality. I think he still struggles a lot reading defenses. He plays 16 games in GB I don't see more then 3-4 wins.

No way have you seen him play? IMO there is no way he's starting quality. I think he still struggles a lot reading defenses. He plays 16 games in GB I don't see more then 3-4 wins.

Yes I have seen him play and have seen Files, Gabbert and Hoyer and that cluster they have in Houston. Yes he competes for a job in those situations. Go check his 2013 game logs when he started

Last edited:
Back