Ch-ch-ch-changes (That Should Happen)

Is the first 22 / 24 good enough yes. But no team goes rhru a season not dinged up and that’s where depth and quality depth becomes an issue. Sure we have a cap but so did Arizona and they added vet depth. If you want UDFA guys to count on to win as depth fine but that does not cut it.

Do players come and go? Sure. But the core has been the same the last few years. Raji Burnett matthews shields. On offense tge ol is the same. Qb is. We never replaced Collins. Never replaced Woodson on AND off the field. Draft and develop is fine when you hit on picks but we missed on too many that woukd have helped depth.

As to salary cap we are how much under? Be aggressive like Seattle. Lynch even Harvin. Sure he was a one year then out but take chances. But no we have Jake Ryan playing in space. I’m not advocating overpaying tier 1 free agents. But fill holes and fill the depth

Well NE begs to differ with talent that isn't all that much better yet They fill holes with FA or sign guys as injuries happens and BOOM ! SB but the difference head to head is coaching and Brady.

For the record I think GB issues are deeper than a coordinator or talent. I think we have a hodge podge of them. To be blunt our fan base is spoiled and a majority have no clue about pre Favre.

All good things come to an end and this chapter is going to close soon. tc(

For the record I think GB issues are deeper than a coordinator or talent. I think we have a hodge podge of them. To be blunt our fan base is spoiled and a majority have no clue about pre Favre.

I don't think things are as dire as you suggest. I like our defense. We don't have one big pass rusher but several who can come in and keep the pressure on because they are fresh. We as a team were ranked in the top 10 for sacks with 43. I like our secondary. It might become the strength of this unit. All we have to do is address ILB so Clay can go back outside and create havoc in the backfield.

I like a lot about the offense. When they are all in there that line is pretty darn good. Look at the difference between the first game in AZ and the playoff game. I suspect Rodgers wasn't 100% after the Denver game. Why else would his accuracy go to hell almost over night? Getting Jordy, Ty, a healthy Adams along with Cobb, Abby and Janis back and this is a pretty nice stable of receivers. Let's hope Lacy comes back motivated and not so portly next year. A change of pace back would be great. What we really need here is a TE that can stretch the field. Not having one really hampered our offense after Jordy was lost for the year. The only other real need I can see is a punter. I'm weary of watching Masthay's pop-ups.

The rest of the work for Ted this offseason is to add some depth and 2016 could be a lot of fun. :)

Along with being spoiled they realize that the chance of getting a 3rd elite QB in a row to take over for Arod is slim. So there is a sense of urgency to get him the support he needs to win another title. Be it depth, talent, or coaching. TT may make a case for not busting the cap or staying strict draft and develop where the "develop" is always 2-3 years down the road. But after Arod is gone the cap isn't going to matter if the QB sucks. So ya I think a lot of being spoiled is knowing how rare it is to find 2 good QB's in a row and feeling that urgency about the window closing.

I don't think things are as dire as you suggest. I like our defense. We don't have one big pass rusher but several who can come in and keep the pressure on because they are fresh. We as a team were ranked in the top 10 for sacks with 43. I like our secondary. It might become the strength of this unit. All we have to do is address ILB so Clay can go back outside and create havoc in the backfield.

I like a lot about the offense. When they are all in there that line is pretty darn good. Look at the difference between the first game in AZ and the playoff game. I suspect Rodgers wasn't 100% after the Denver game. Why else would his accuracy go to hell almost over night? Getting Jordy, Ty, a healthy Adams along with Cobb, Abby and Janis back and this is a pretty nice stable of receivers. Let's hope Lacy comes back motivated and not so portly next year. A change of pace back would be great. What we really need here is a TE that can stretch the field. Not having one really hampered our offense after Jordy was lost for the year. The only other real need I can see is a punter. I'm weary of watching Masthay's pop-ups.

The rest of the work for Ted this offseason is to add some depth and 2016 could be a lot of fun. :)

Every post that isn't bubbling with support isn't "dire" as you suggest. I am an old timer like yourself. You think Lombardi would approve of MM chicken shit approach ? To a defense that goes in it's pants most of the time in the 4th qtr of big games?
He would not !

Further this defense has let down 2 seasons in a row, and that offense you speak of helped GB lose 3 home division games for the first time since 1968 ! Dire no it's not dire Miss Pugger but everything isn't going to be ok in Green Bay with a couple players and another year either. That approach is what got us in trouble 1975 to 1991. Sorry for the rant but the post you quoted wasn't "dire" it was objective and that's why I post here not some of the other trash sites.

I think the 4-3 teams like Carolina and Seattle have been creating a bigger challenge on defense then the 34 look. I tend to lean toward agreeing it's time to look for a new DC at the very least. tc(

I think the 4-3 teams like Carolina and Seattle have been creating a bigger challenge on defense then the 34 look. I tend to lean toward agreeing it's time to look for a new DC at the very least. tc(

I always like Wade Phillips as DC. Hoped they would get him when the job was open. They got Capers. Has a pedigree. Unfortunately he's not a LeBeaue where he had a stock of talent.

Every post that isn't bubbling with support isn't "dire" as you suggest. I am an old timer like yourself. You think Lombardi would approve of MM chicken shit approach ? To a defense that goes in it's pants most of the time in the 4th qtr of big games?
He would not !

Further this defense has let down 2 seasons in a row, and that offense you speak of helped GB lose 3 home division games for the first time since 1968 ! Dire no it's not dire Miss Pugger but everything isn't going to be ok in Green Bay with a couple players and another year either. That approach is what got us in trouble 1975 to 1991. Sorry for the rant but the post you quoted wasn't "dire" it was objective and that's why I post here not some of the other trash sites.

Very much agreed. Packer nation will give this year a pass. Short memories. They'll always point to win/loss record. It's only natural. I think there are deeper issues and until there is an under .500 team then nothing will be done.

Thing is if and when Capers would retire or be asked to retire by MM that we probably would not see a outside hire for that spot. MM likes to promote from within for top jobs like that so I can see him giving the DC job to Winston Moss which IMO would be a step back from even Capers.

Yes, the fan base is spoiled and maybe somewhat complacent, but I have a hard time connecting the dots from that to how the team is playing and how the team is run. It seems to me most fan bases are divided into several groups with the percentages varying and most are "complacent". Even if they aren't complacent, what does it get them. Cowboys fans aren't likely complacent, but it hasn't changed a thing.

Extremely knowledgable die-hards
Die-hards who know most of the basics about the team
The mass in the middle who follow the team pretty closely and can name a dozen players and a few coaches and front office staff
The hangers-on and bandwagoners who go to games as long as they are winning

Green Bay probably has more of the first 2 groups than many franchises and probably fewer of the last group, BUT there are easily enough of the last 2 groups that as long as they are winning everything is mostly fine because they don't know enough to comment on what is wrong and what should change and when they do comment their comments are often so poorly grounded than nobody in the organization can really take them all that seriously. It's not their fault, it's just that the Packers are not a passion.

If you are spoiled or complacent, how do you impact the situation. Boo at games. Stop going to games. Write letters. The first 2 aren't going to happen which might be both good and bad. You can maybe write a thoughtful letter/e-mail, but unless they come in by the hundreds and hundreds they don't really make an impact, and let's face it, there probably won't be enough of them to influence anyone.

In reality, fans being spoiled doesn't matter I don't think. It may be true, but I don't think it impacts. What's really at issue is if the team President and the BOD are spoiled. They are going to make the calls that change the course. The fans don't impact things enough until the whole thing goes in the crapper because then the last 2 big groups above come into play. They start whining and stop buying. When that happens there is pressure to shake things up, but by then it is too late. In the meantime, it doesn't hurt to contact Murphy and in a sensible way point out the current shortcomings. Maybe it'll help, but don't expect it to make the difference.

Back