Can Garrett Groshek carry Badgers run game?

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Wisconsin Badgers fans worst nightmares might come true on Saturday in Bloomington, Ind. as star freshman running back Jonathan Taylor is questionable with an ankle injury. He of the nearly 1,200 yards and 11 touchdowns this season. Taylor was just getting going when the injury bug hit him on Saturday as well, rushing for 73 yards on just 12 carries in a quarter and a half against the Illini. It...

Source

Continue reading...

I liked what I saw out of Groscheck, but would that carry over to making him a featured back? I don't know. I do know one thing. Chryst is going to have to get a lot of work out of Shaw and Groscheck to keep the winning streak alive. They can't end up with 3 or 4 yard gains, because Hornibrook is not going to make up for it in passing.

Wisconsin Badgers fans worst nightmares might come true on Saturday in Bloomington, Ind. as star freshman running back Jonathan Taylor is questionable with an ankle injury. He of the nearly 1,200 yards and 11 touchdowns this season. Taylor was just getting going when the injury bug hit him on Saturday as well, rushing for 73 yards on just 12 carries in a quarter and a half against the Illini. It...

Source

Continue reading...
Very familiar with Groshek, they have several sub packages for him as a QB so that might come into play. However, Taylor tweeted yesterday he was "good to go" so I think this story is much to do about nothing.

Regardless UW bigger issue isn't Hornibrook as the couch QB's keep harping it's the OL which has had periods of meh play. UW also had all 3 WR as injured yesterday so that's another thing to watch on Saturday.

Those WR injuries could make a big difference. The Badgers need to suck it up and play better on the line, and their defense needs to step up and stop those darned mid-range passes that are turning into big plays against them.

Back