Browns/Patriots Trade

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Cleveland is trading former 6th overall pick (2013) Barkevious Mingo to the New England Patriots. No word yet on what Cleveland is getting back. Mingo is scheduled to become a free agent at the end of the league year.

Adam Schefter's report is here

Another guy who was paid too much for too little, and is now being dumped out for a low draft pick, to at least salvage something from the draft mistake.

It intrigues me how badly some teams draft. They make some real poor choices, and seem to keep on repeating their errors year after year.

You'd think the owners would realize you need to find special people who can judge talent, and know how to fill a roster with players that meet the needs of the schemes run by the team.

Another guy who was paid too much for too little, and is now being dumped out for a low draft pick, to at least salvage something from the draft mistake.

It intrigues me how badly some teams draft. They make some real poor choices, and seem to keep on repeating their errors year after year.

You'd think the owners would realize you need to find special people who can judge talent, and know how to fill a roster with players that meet the needs of the schemes run by the team.

The scouting staff is so important in that manner. The talent evaluation of some teams is questionable and I think it's important that front offices continually evaluate that aspect of the team. I'm sure they already do it but as you say, it seems that some teams just get stuck in a rut.

He wasn't going to make the team this year from what I've read on the Browns forums. At least they save the 2.5 mil and get something back. That being said it is just another missed early pick by a franchise who really needs some stability and a front office to last more than 2 seasons. They got a 5th round for him. Not great, but better than nothing.

Fact is the top 10 in that draft was a train wreck. Not just the Cleveland pick

Fact is he was a talent that ended up in that dumpster fire known as Cleveland.. Not sure you can really judge any young kid coming out of CLE...

Will he develop in NE? Who knows, but he has a much better chance of it in NE than CLE...

The scouting staff is so important in that manner. The talent evaluation of some teams is questionable and I think it's important that front offices continually evaluate that aspect of the team. I'm sure they already do it but as you say, it seems that some teams just get stuck in a rut.

i think i could do a better job of consistently picking players in the nfl draft without any scouting staff at all (just reading stuff on the internet) than a few teams do even with a paid staff of scouts. it's almost criminal that some of these guys are paid to evaluate talent.

i think i could do a better job of consistently picking players in the nfl draft without any scouting staff at all (just reading stuff on the internet) than a few teams do even with a paid staff of scouts. it's almost criminal that some of these guys are paid to evaluate talent.

You have to take into consideration that for many organizations it's not the scouts who pick the players. Its the FO guys who may, or may not, heed the advice and eval of the scouting department.

Back