Bradford and upgrade over Bridgewater?

Budman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Legend In His Own Mind
Reaction score
Interesting article by Dougherty discussing the Vikes acquisition of Bradford.

LINK

The problem for the Vikes is up front. Their O line isn't so hot. It was shocking AP couldn't get more than 31 yards on 9 carries against the Titans. Was it lousy run blocking or is AP beginning to show his age?

Over on Footballs Future I saw a post which included of some clips of Boone, Fusco and Kalil getting owned by TN's defenders. Mods - is it okay to post a link to this page?

Bradford can do what they need..run play action and naked boot off the run to clear the box up. In truth he's a better pocket passer then what they had but not as good moving left/right etc.

I heard all that talk last yr about their OL Pugger and they came to Lambeau and beat us. They have a solid football staff that will game plan around his strengths. If he stays healthy then their fine at QB this yr.

Vikings did not make a bad trade. Their starting QB suffered a horrible injury that might make him miss 2 years if he ever comes back. They gave up a 1st rounder but get a starting quality QB who is under contract pretty cheap for 2 years. First year they are only paying him 7 million and next year they would only owe him 17 million if they want to keep him. Bradford was far better then anything else the Vikings could have picked up in a trade or as a FA.

The problem for the Vikes is up front. Their O line isn't so hot. It was shocking AP couldn't get more than 31 yards on 9 carries against the Titans. Was it lousy run blocking or is AP beginning to show his age?

Over on Footballs Future I saw a post which included of some clips of Boone, Fusco and Kalil getting owned by TN's defenders. Mods - is it okay to post a link to this page?
Footballs Future prohibits linking there content.. if you get caught doing it they will ban you over there.

AD has been doing a lot of dancing behind the line this season... I hope Daniels is hungry :)

Also, I still think Bradford can do something in this league. Having Norv Turner sure won;t hurt his chances in Minny.

AD has been doing a lot of dancing behind the line this season... I hope Daniels is hungry :)

Also, I still think Bradford can do something in this league. Having Norv Turner sure won;t hurt his chances in Minny.

He's off to a good start

Bradford looked good but without the threat of AP and that O line he might be in trouble on the road going forward.

Back