Bears White Could Miss The Season

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...uld-miss-season-with-stress-fracture-in-shin/

The Raiders picked the right receiver, at least in the short term.
With the fourth pick in the draft and a debate regarding whether Amari Cooper or Kevin White should be the first one taken, the Raiders opted for Cooper. The Bears took White at No. 7, setting up a potential apples-to-apples comparison throughout their rookie seasons.
It’ll instead be apples-to-scalpels; the Bears have announced that White needs surgery to repair a stress fracture in his shin. G.M. Ryan Pace said White will start the regular-season on the Physically Unable to Perform list, and that the rookie could miss the entire season.
That’s a significant blow for an offense that traded receiver Brandon Marshall, and that has to decide whether to sign Alshon Jeffery to a long-term deal.
It’s still unclear how the injury happened. Until today, it wasn’t clear what the injury even was.

I think the Bears will be more competitive than 4-12, BUT, this is a blow. Talk about not being able to catch a break.

If I were Forte, I'd be a little worried. They may use him to the point of just plain beating him up.

Alshon Jeffery has been dealing with a calf issue as well. This season is not off to a very good start for the Bears.

yep. they got rid of their #1 receiver. the #2 receiver who was supposed to become the #1 receiver is gimpy. and the new 1st round wonderboy who was supposed to be the #2 receiver may miss the entire season. do they actually have anybody left who can start? might be a big year for eddie royal.

Man, and people say the Packers are bad at reporting injuries. They sure strung that one out for a while.

Back