Balanced Badgers scorch South Carolina State in opener

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
There wasn’t much doubt that the Wisconsin Badgers men’s basketball team would start the 2017-18 season with a win. But, how it would happen was the big question. Wisconsin answered that question with a balanced attack, downing South Carolina State 85-50 thanks to four players in double figures. Star Ethan Happ started off the season with a double-double, putting up 20 points and 11...

Source

Continue reading...

Thanks for analysis. I wish they would have had this game on regular TV. If that becomes the norm, I know I'm going to be less of a fan. They need exposure to get their tentacles out there for recruiting. If that isn't going to happen, the program is going to slip considerably.

I just checked schedule. It appears the rest of the season will be available through BTN and/or other networks.

Yup, seems like there are always a couple of those early games they don't televise. I don't know why, but I suppose with every team playing some cupcakes early in the season the games don't get any interest from the big networks and that probably leaves too many games for the Big-10 network. I don't know what the network showed in place of this, but you'd think a network looking for programming would do what they could to make as many games as possible available.

As for the game, the outcome was predictable. Nice showing by Van Vliet in his first real extended action. Also a solid game for Trice.

Back