Badgers to retire Frank Kaminsky’s jersey

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
It’s only been a few seasons, but the University of Wisconsin men’s basketball program is about to put a new banner in to the rafters of the Kohl Center. On Monday, the athletic department announced it was retiring former star Frank Kaminsky’s No. 44 jersey. Kaminsky was quick to point out that this was far from his thoughts when he arrived on campus. “When I committed to play at...

Source

Continue reading...

They should actually retire the number, IMO.

They should go back and honor a few other guys as well, since they're doing this.

Let's see what Ben Brust thinks when he's on the (whichever local media guy it is) Show on Friday.

I agree. There have been a few players who should have their numbers hung from the rafter. I don't know if retiring the number is essential. It's the same. I was honored when my football and basketball numbers were hung at my high school, but they're still used by other kids. I think they should be. Since mine was hung, four more kids have had theirs hung over the last roughly 50 years, and three of them were the same numbers I had. I don't feel slighted. I still feel a warm-fuzzy when I go into the school, because I like to believe that maybe these kids actually chose my number out of respect, or the coaches saw something in them they respected.

I guess it's all in the way you view things.

Back