Badgers thump Michigan

I think they'll sit Herbig, Dike, and Berger, enough to get them a red shirt year. The Badgers are getting additional troops back next week, all things equal, to allow it.

Hopefully they can sit them until the last two games of the season and a bowl game. Next year this could be an even more dynamic team, with extremely young talent. I gotta admit. I'm really psyched about their recruiting.
Herbig will start all year at OLB, Dike might be held back but it’s basically a free year thanks to the NCAA

The NCAA said back in August that this is a free year of eligibility for everybody, so no need to redshirt any of those guys.

They will still be Freshman next year.

I forgot about that. Essentially everyone shown as a senior this year has another year of eligibility. Freshmen get the 5th year automatically. Not exactly how that works for basketball players who are seniors this year. It would seem they get a year too?

I forgot about that. Essentially everyone shown as a senior this year has another year of eligibility. Freshmen get the 5th year automatically. Not exactly how that works for basketball players who are seniors this year. It would seem they get a year too?
I don’t think winter sports are part of the program

This is straight from ESPN. I didn't realize they'd made this decision.

All winter athletes in NCAA Division I sports will be given an additional year of eligibility, and all football programs will be allowed to compete in bowl games -- regardless of their records -- as part of one-time rule changes in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

I'm inclined to believe that the Badgers get the monkey off their back in Dyche Stadium. Sorry. I can't call it Ryan Field. I went to a few Badger games there over the years, and it was always Dyche.

Anyhow, the Badgers are going to use their RB power to wear the Purple defense down, and when they start bunching up, Mertz is gonna sting them a couple of times. Of course I won't bet the farm on it. We have this thing about playing bad there.

Badgers 34 Wildcats 23

Back