Badgers land top 2017 QB target Jack Coan

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
4225942-150x150.jpg

Every recruiting class needs its leader, and that usually comes from the quarterback position. For the Wisconsin Badgers 2017 class, things took off quickly with 3-star quarterback Jack Coan.

After finishing up visits to his top schools, Coan, a Sayville (N.Y.) West product, notified the Badgers of his choice to commit to them on Wednesday.

He announced his commitment via Twitter as well:

pic.twitter.com/givgw5EK59

— Jack Coan (@jcoan17) March 24, 2016

Our recruiting partners at Badger247 were able to get a word with him following his visit earlier this month.

“I really liked the visit,” Coan told Badger247. “I thought the campus was beautiful. The coaches were really great people. The facilities were all really, really nice. I really liked it.

“I was really impressed. I didn’t know a lot about Wisconsin going into it. I was definitely really amazed by how beautiful the city was and how great the football facilities were. Definitely very impressed.”

Coan had other offers from the likes of Michigan, Miami (FL), Northwestern, Louisville, Maryland, Nebraska, Rutgers and Boston College.

This spring he visited Boston College, Northwestern and Nebraska in addition to the Badgers. His final trip was to Lincoln on March 18, and following that final visit he made his decision to join the Badgers.

The 6-3, 198-pound quarterback is the No. 18-ranked pro-style quarterback and the No. 3 player in the state of New York per the 247Sports composite rankings. 247Sports has him as the No. 15 pro-style quarterback, the No. 2 player in New York and the No. 367 ranked player over all.

Coan becomes the fifth verbal pledge in the 2017 class and the first of any skill position player to make his pledge to the Badgers. With his addition, the Badgers have moved up to the No. 21-ranked class in the team rankings and the No. 5 class in the Big Ten for the 2017 recruiting cycle.

The post Badgers land top 2017 QB target Jack Coan appeared first on Madtown Badgers.

Continue reading...

Good pick up, natural 5/7 drop QB. Needed the extra arm. We need to add at least 1 3/4 star WR to the mix in that class though.

It's a real coup. I'm impressed he turned down the likes of Michigan, Nebraska, and Miami to play for the Badgers. This is a guy you can build a program around for a couple of years, if you play it right.

looking at his twitter page, it looks like Nebraska pulled out all the stops in trying to recruit him.

call me cynical but Bart Houston and Owen Daniels were both 4 star qb recruits. Good pick up. But how it translates to D1 play is still an unknown. To me an equally big win is winning a recruiting war.

Seems like a nice pick-up. Agree with Pack . . . who knows how it will play out. He could be John Budmayr, he could be Scott Tolzien. If he's Tolzien, I'll be thrilled.

Back