Badgers edge Hoosiers in Bloomington

That’s fine when you have another option to run the point, which there was none. And no Davison does not have PG skill set. Anderson was the only there real option and he was limited.
Never suggested anyone should run the point other than Trice. Suggested he should have driven and dished off to others for shots instead of trying to be the hero with double teams. Read what I posted. I think you're right that they had nobody else.

Never suggested anyone should run the point other than Trice. Suggested he should have driven and dished off to others for shots instead of trying to be the hero with double teams. Read what I posted. I think you're right that they had nobody else.
Well that’s my point pardon the pun. Expecting a 2 guard to have that instinct is a big ask. It’s also incumbent on 4 other guys finding space which was the strong suit of Ford or Reuvers either. That roster was disjointed to a great degree but still win a championship

Gard learned at the feet of Bo Ryan. How often was the starting point guard asked to simply handle the ball and put up a shot at the end of close games in the Ryan era. It was infuriating at times but that was how he preferred to run end of game scenarios. Let the best ball handlers dribble, create, and shoot rather than running offense.

Gard probably entrusted Trice to do the same but he just wasn't that guy. Unfortunately nobody else was either last year. The bigs and Ford weren't any good off the dribble in space and couldn't get their own shots in situations like that. The only other guy who could was maybe Davison and he wasn't exactly having a stellar year.

I'd like to see a breakdown of scoring in close games inside of 3 minutes, and also game winning shots. I think that would tell a story people aren't seeing.

I'd like to see a breakdown of scoring in close games inside of 3 minutes, and also game winning shots. I think that would tell a story people aren't seeing.
Unfortunately the conference or the NCAA does not keep those statistics. I do recall 2 games vs Indiana that he took over late. And one were he single-handedly brought them back vs Illinois.

Did he have some “moments” sure no doubt. But at the same time I’m not as critical about his game.

Back