Badgers blow by Illini in return to the Kohl Center

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
It was home sweet home for the Wisconsin Badgers, who returned to the Kohl Center following a three-game road trip and promptly ended a three-game losing streak by pounding Illinois 75-50. Fans were treated to one of the best efforts by the Badgers against a Power 5 opponent this season, all while also celebrating the 20th anniversary of the first game at the Kohl Center. It was a true team effort...

Source

Continue reading...

Unfortunately the win over Illinois at home was something that we should have expected. They simply aren't that good of a team. They still haven't won a Big 10 game to this point, this year. Their only wins came during the early season against lesser teams.

Both teams are now 10-10, but at least the Badgers are 3-4 in the Big 10, which isn't bad, considering how poorly they've played.

It would be nice, if the Badgers are actually coming together. We'll see more, when they hit the road again next week. A good road win would go a long way towards getting them back on top of the game.

Yup, always good to beat Ill. They did some things better, but ILL is not good so you are happy with the win, but you know it will get tougher going forward. A little concerned about Davison as the PG. He's not looking real comfortable there recently when teams pressure him. Hell of a player but I'm not sure full-time PG is the best thing for him. Hopefully Trice comes back soon to take some of those minutes. It also points to them needing to recruit another PG.

Yup, always good to beat Ill. They did some things better, but ILL is not good so you are happy with the win, but you know it will get tougher going forward. A little concerned about Davison as the PG. He's not looking real comfortable there recently when teams pressure him. Hell of a player but I'm not sure full-time PG is the best thing for him. Hopefully Trice comes back soon to take some of those minutes. It also points to them needing to recruit another PG.

I think he's uncomfortable too. A lot of it I blame on his injured shoulder. I think he's playing through a lot of pain, and lack of mobility. I think most players would be sitting, letting it heal. He's tough.

I also agree that he would be better not being on the point. He could put up more shots, and work off the ball to get open. Hopefully Trice proves himself when he returns.

Hopefully Trice proves himself when he returns.

Yup, Trice's performances have been spotty as well. He's not to be confused with any of the strong string of PGs that has come through Madison the last couple of decades. Still, I think Davison would be better off, and the team along with him, if Trice can handle some significant PG minutes.

Back