Gone
Hayward
Neal
Guion
Jones
Q

FA Signings

Jaye Howard DL

Guy had a solid year. Actually graded highest on the KC DL.

Kelvin Beachum OT

Beachum was a top 5 in pass pro before injury. He might not be ready for Preseason but would add depth at OT and would be a starter in 17 if we lose Bak. The better tackle of the 2 and gives us much needed depth

Draft

R1 Jaylon Smith ILBer ND

My dream pick. I haven't mocked him to us until now bc I didn't see us having a real shot at getting him. I think there is a chance he slips and TT should be running his card in. Future blue IMO. I see P Willis in this kid but hes a better hitter.

[youtube][/youtube]

R2 Vadal Alexander OG LSU

I traded our 2nd and 4th to move up a bit to grab Alexander. True mauler. Played RT and was fine but I see him as a beast guard. With Lang and Sitton on their last year and their injury history, It might be a good time to find a future replacement.

R3 Jordan Jenkins LB UGA

Moved around of the bulldogs but hes a passer rusher at the next level. Might not be the quick twitch guy but he is relentless. Strong kid that will hold the edge and can get after the QB. Team Captain

[youtube][/youtube]

Rd 4 Javon Hargrave DT South Car State

Small school kid that held his own against D1 guys. Moves well for a 315 pounder. Can push the pocket and generate a pass rush.

Rd 5 Josh Ferguson RB ILL

Between Ferguson and Drake, I hope the packers find a way to land one of these guys. Both would be perfect change of pace guys for Lacy. Big play ability and a weapon in the passing game. Plays with passion.

[youtube][/youtube]

Rd 5 Kevin Byard S MTSU

Ball hawking safety. This guy has led his team in picks every year along with TDs and int return yards. Not Ideal height but he moves well and is a QB in the secondary

[youtube][/youtube]

Rd 6 Tanner McEvoy TE UW

Im sure many are already screaming that I haven't drafted a TE to this point. Sorry It just might not work out that we get a shot at one early. Ted has done crazier things. McEvoy could be a nice project TE. He was a jack of all trades in college that is going to try and play TE. The size is nice for a seem busting guy.

Rd 7 Dean Lowry DE NW

Lowry is a fly under the radar kind of player that may not wow but is one you want on your team. Lunch pale type guy that had a solid Shine bowl. He could make a nice 5 tech to work in rotation.

[youtube][/youtube]

Interesting mock.
-Really like the LB selections and am happy with an OT/OG.
-Don't know much about Hargrave but he fits the need.
-McEvoy is a real risk. There is nothing in his resume' that says he will be a good TE, but he's a tremendous athlete and if he can add 20-30lbs and keep his speed and athleticism he might be an Owen Daniels clone.
-Don't know if we need another safety, but this kid seems like a nice value. Might be a nice option as the 3rd safety in 2017 should Hyde not be re-signed after the 2016 season.
-can always use another DE

Thanks for the feedback! McEvoy in the 6th isn't to risky at that point the upside could be a steal the kid is a football player. If he flops not a big loss

My thoughts on a safety I'd Burnett might need replacing in 17. He is good in the run game but doesn't create turnovers. Some feel he hasn't lived up to his contract. I like burny but guys can always be replaced

Only way I draft Smith is if his meds are good and that knee can be ready to go on Day 1

No on McEvoy. Never played TE lack of strength. Now as a project SS maybe

So you would pass on a guy that has the skills to be a top ilber on 2 or 3 years??? Sorry I can't get on board with that. The draft is for long term success of your team.

A common mistake imo is ppl want and expect a rookie to make an instant impact. That doesn't happen a lot. Ex. Hunter Henry is the top te. I think he will be good but rookie tes don't come in and dominate year 1 and sometimes not year 2.
Yes if smith's knee looks ruined you pass but if he can make a full recovery I'm cool with him going by mid-season. Clay didn't start day 1 either

So you would pass on a guy that has the skills to be a top ilber on 2 or 3 years??? Sorry I can't get on board with that. The draft is for long term success of your team.

A common mistake imo is ppl want and expect a rookie to make an instant impact. That doesn't happen a lot. Ex. Hunter Henry is the top te. I think he will be good but rookie tes don't come in and dominate year 1 and sometimes not year 2.
Yes if smith's knee looks ruined you pass but if he can make a full recovery I'm cool with him going by mid-season. Clay didn't start day 1 either

That Smith knee injury is tricky... if he falls into round 2 yes grab him but it's very possible he's never the same player again. GB can't afford a maybe at MLB we need a replacement now IMHO.

Nice draft! It is a bit high-risk with the Smith pick, but if he looks to be able to regain his previous form then I am fine with him missing some or even all of 2016. We don't get a chance at a top-10 caliber player often. Of course, I like the DT in the 4th, since I took him there in my mock, too!

Back