Back to Back

Discussion in 'Curley's Pub' started by Dubz41, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Dubz41

Dubz41 Member

Ratings:
    +718 / 4
    I don't spend a lot of time in this part of the site, but something happened last weekend that I wanted to share. I have a daughter who is attending Viterbo University in LaCrosse (NAIA) and they were playing Dakota State (Madison, SD).

Second game of Saturday's double header She gets up in the first inning, bases loaded and jacks a grand slam. First of her collegiate experience. Second inning, bases loaded, unbelievably YES. Grand slam #2. Couldn't believe it. Never saw her so damn happy! Third at bat she got plunked right in the back, Classic.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  2. Scoremore12

Scoremore12 Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 7
    That's really cool. Whop was smiling more...you or her? haha

I miss watching my kids in high school sports. When my son played football in high school.....he got a blindside sack on the other teams QB, causing a fumble and we recovered. I was filming the game from the sideline and it was a great feeling to see him do that. I went up to the school at halftime to use the bathroom and a couple other parents made the comment of how they could see me smiling from the bleachers and it was still there......That's what its all about....being happy for your kids when they make a good play or do well in what they are doing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. 57packer

57packer 2017 Draft Guru

Ratings:
    +609 / 1
    Nice story Dubz. I remember those days even though my kids have been gone from high school for more than a decade now. My son played multiple sports throughout junior high and high school and there were a few memorable moments that I still cherish to this day. Even my daughter, who quit most sports by the time high school rolled around, still provides me with memories from her pre-HS basketball, softball and baseball days. A good way to spend time with your kids and watch them grow.