Aaron Rodgers to miss Brett Favre's Packers HOF induction

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
http://www.packershome.com/forum/posts/t23519-Aaron-Rodgers-to-miss-Brett-Favre-s-Packers-HOF-induction

Gone golfing: Aaron Rodgers said he would have attended Brett Favre's induction into the Packers Hall of Fame next month if not for a previous commitment. But when Favre is being inducted and his jersey No. 4 is retired July 18, Rodgers will be in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, for the American Century Classic celebrity golf tournament. Although Favre's number will be retired next month, it won't go up on the Lambeau Field façade until the Thanksgiving night game against the Chicago Bears. "I'm going to be there when they retire his number," Rodgers said.

Well I'll just jump in too it, Rodgers is arguably the face of the franchise and team leader. I get he had this planned in advance but when you're in a leadership role regardless if it's a football team or private company sometimes you're expected to attend these kind of functions.

To me personally he should darn well know that skipping out is going to create a bit of a stir and look bad, be the leader and show up.

Now before I get all the Favre/Rodgers poo storm.... ask yourself this: If it was Bart Starr or Jerry Kramer Rodgers was dissing would you still say no big deal ?

Again a real leader can't pick and choose his situations he has to take them as they come.... Just my thoughts

You would like to think Aaron is over all that BS but then you read that and wonder sh)) I tend to agree it would sure go along way to burying this thing once and for all if he was there. Not the end of the world if he miss's it.

Kind of on the fence about this I guess.

I think the event is way over hyped but I get Mark's point on Arod. There are times I wonder if maybe he isn't getting little too big for his britches as my dad used to say. I do believe Brett could give a rip if Aaron is there or not. In fact maybe it's better that the spotlight is on #4 alone.

I don't like it, either. As ReasonablySober mentions, I wonder about the size of his britches, too.

For goodness sakes, this is a huge event in the team's history. IMO, this should have been his priority, not some golf event, charitable or not. I rather hope he doesn't video some useless tripe. That would only serve to emphasize his absence.

Rodgers and Favre don't have a relationship so why should he attend? Also who knows when he booked the golf event he could have had that booked long before the Packers and Favre agreed to the HOF dinner.

Rodgers and Favre don't have a relationship so why should he attend? Also who knows when he booked the golf event he could have had that booked long before the Packers and Favre agreed to the HOF dinner.

Because when you're in a leadership position and the franchise player people expect that from you. If he wants big greedy) and all that comes with it step up. Doesn't matter if they hate each other... you do it for the franchise.

He shows up and all that bull podo( is out the window once and for all. Skip it and well.... that's why threads and blogs are writing about it.

Not about Favre.... not about his wants about doing the right thing for GB sb(tc(

I don't think it is a big deal myself. I also don't blame him. Favre wasn't exactly buddy buddy with Rodgers after he was drafted. If he had his event booked before, he should stick with that. People will create all kinds of stories from this but its really not a big deal.

Sorry Mark, I cant agree its that important as far as the team goes that Rodgers is there.

I don't think it is a big deal myself. I also don't blame him. Favre wasn't exactly buddy buddy with Rodgers after he was drafted. If he had his event booked before, he should stick with that. People will create all kinds of stories from this but its really not a big deal.

Sorry Mark, I cant agree its that important as far as the team goes that Rodgers is there.

Didn't say the team but the brand..the franchise. If you want to be bigger than Favre and let's face it he does then you have to step out and be the bigger man. Will he go ? No But I am stating it here....12-15 years from now looking back in an interview he will say " in hindsight I should have gone " Bank that

I get this thing from both directions. It really won't affect the team but I agree that he has to establish leadership. Score and GBP4 I agree with ya in what your saying but Mark's point is look beyond Farve.

If nothing else it's a nice topic to kill time ;)br)

I get this thing from both directions. It really won't affect the team but I agree that he has to establish leadership. Score and GBP4 I agree with ya in what your saying but Mark's point is look beyond Farve.

If nothing else it's a nice topic to kill time ;)br)

It does smell just a little that Rodgers is skipping out of town. But let's face it the whole affair is over priced and overrated. Let Favre have his night x 2 and let's move on. True on the topic Norm !

Back