Aaron Rodgers to miss Brett Favre's Packers HOF induction

Aaron Rodgers has no business attending this, none. This is for players who played on the field with Brett Favre. We gotta stop trying to make issues out of nothing. Ugh! Rodgers does this event every year and is committed to it.

Aaron Rodgers has no business attending this, none. This is for players who played on the field with Brett Favre. We gotta stop trying to make issues out of nothing. Ugh! Rodgers does this event every year and is committed to it.

But it makes for great conversation .... even if it's a little controversial ;)

Lol, I know it's slow season but this amount of manufactured outrage seems like a real stretch.

Listen: Favre himself, the self-professed hermit, doesn't even want to be there for this or the other thing in November. He's going to do it for as long as he has to and then jump on a private jet back home. Aaron is the face of the franchise and I think he does a lot of wonderful stuff off the field that we know about and more good stuff that isn't publicized. Missing an event that the guest of honor doesn't even want to be at doesn't change any of that. It's taking place in the middle of July, it's his time off, he can do whatever the hell he wants to, even if it's playing golf or "chasing his GF around." I could not care less.

The irony is a little rich too, right? We're putting Rodgers on blast for not attending an offseason event that has nothing to do with himself or the current football team in the name of "leadership" for a guy who couldn't even be bothered to attend actual football activities during the offseason in his latter years with the team. Rodgers was at non-mandatory OTA and at mini-camp. That's good enough for me.

Let's not forget that it was Rodgers extending the olive branch that made this event possible in the first place.

Back