Aaron Rodgers can't fix these Packer problems that hinder their Super Bowl chances

Cheesedog

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers can't fix these Packer problems that hinder their Super Bowl chances

6-2, lots of football left. but these problems are real, so they need to address them before a team sneaks up on them that they should win.

one passage does bother me though:

"I feel the same [as when we were 6-0]," Rodgers said. "I feel very confident in our abilities. … We played two really good opponents who are undefeated. [We played them] at their place. I think if you flip those home and away [advantages] there, I think we'd be 8-0, [but] we're not."

Who cares if it's home or away. You may have to play an away playoff game, don't use that excuse.

My favorite passage from the article.

McCarthy is speaking from a position of strength, knowing the Detroit Lions are coming to Lambeau Field next weekend. That's the NFL's version of an inhaler for an asthmatic offense.

Given the Packers' history, let's wait until after next week's game before chuckling.

I think the offense gets back on track against Detroit because their defense is not good. I am more worried about this defense again.
Stafford and Megatron could have a big day, especially if Shields is not back next week.

I think the offense gets back on track against Detroit because their defense is not good. I am more worried about this defense again.
Stafford and Megatron could have a big day, especially if Shields is not back next week.

good point. remember to throw that up on the game thread when it goes up

Given the Packers' history, let's wait until after next week's game before chuckling.
Agreed. Nothing these past 2 weeks has me confident about any game left on the schedule. This is a conference game and you can bet it is their Super Bowl as will be their second meeting. Teams will try and mimic the last 2 games in an attempt to steal a win.

Do you mean the History where Detroit hasn't won in Green Bay since 1991?

Fair point but the Packers haven't exactly been playing lights out. No game is a gimme any more, at least in my opinion.

Agreed. Nothing these past 2 weeks has me confident about any game left on the schedule. This is a conference game and you can bet it is their Super Bowl as will be their second meeting. Teams will try and mimic the last 2 games in an attempt to steal a win.

DET is coming off of a major shakeup. Teams sometimes play above themselves coming out of a situation like that. We will see...

Remember going into the DEN game GB pass game was ranked like 22nd in the NFL. It's not like this offense was on fire and hit a bump. People were worried about the passing game up against better DEF before the DEN loss.

Back