A 64 Team College Football Tournament: The Simulation

A six-week schedule of games. it's interesting. It pretty much rivals the NCAA basketball tournament, except they play two games a week. It doesn't stretch out so far.

Probably not feasible from so many aspects, but it's still fun to speculate.

Just make it 8 at some point, or even 6. Probably when the current TV deal expires. All I care about it the best 4 teams or so playing. I don’t want to see OSU or Bama boat race some G5 school

Fun to simulate, but will never happen in real life. I'm in favor of going to 8 teams, but that's it. Agree with Pack, no way I'd want to spend 3+ hours watching Clemson kick the crap out of someone in those first 2-3 games. In football I think it would just not be as compelling as in basketball.

The "haves" are so far separated from the "have nots", that it's kinda pointless to play all those games. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if the current situation doesn't lead to some downturn in viewership over the years. It's just not an even playing field and so what you get is "reruns". Compelling for the diehard fans, but not as much for the casual fan. I found myself less interested in these games the past couple of years for that very reason.

But, if the have nots got the exposure of the show they might close the gap

But, if the have nots got the exposure of the show they might close the gap
Every team is on TV every week. When one of the “have nots” gets a top 10 recruiting class and wins 10 games consistently wake me up

Back