3 Badgers named 1st team All-Big Ten defense by coaches

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
A perfect regular season means plenty of awards coming the way of the 2017 Wisconsin Badgers. On Tuesday, the Big Ten announced the coaches and media All-Big Ten picks for defense and special teams. Given UW’s dominance on defense, it should be no surprise that the Badgers were well represented. Wisconsin saw linebacker T.J. Edwards and defensive backs Nick Nelson and D’Cota Dixon earn...

Source

Continue reading...

The article probably goes on to talk about it, but 12 total defensive players were recognized with All Big Ten honors at the various levels. All 11 starters and backup DB Joe Furgeson.

No matter what happens Saturday, against OSU, this was a tremendous season for the Badgers. I believe we may have one of the best darned defensive coordinators in the business. I just hope we don't lose him.

No matter what happens Saturday, against OSU, this was a tremendous season for the Badgers. I believe we may have one of the best darned defensive coordinators in the business. I just hope we don't lose him.

He's gonna stay. Heck, he may stay long enough to become the head coach.

Jimmy would become the ultimate figure in Wisconsin sports...

I could die happy, knowing that Jim moved on to be the HC down the road, and keep the success rolling. I have a special feeling towards it, since I went to HS in Northwestern Wisconsin, and played football against his old HS. We played 8 man football in those days because there were so few kids in school. Not much has changed up there, because some schools are still small. But, there was talent on these teams, and some of us went on and eventually played college football. The problem was, like Jim, snubbed when it came to scholarships. We had to prove we belonged on the field with kids from impressive programs. The Wisconsin walk-on program is top notch in my mind, and the main reason that the Badgers are as good as they are.

Barry Alvarez will always be remembered as the man who created a proud state of kids who want to go to the U, and know that if they have talent, and work their rears off, they can eventually pass by scholarship players, and earn time on the field. It's all about what you have inside, and use.

Back