2021 Off Season Thread

Favre did the same thing as he got older. So did Peyton. Goes w the territory if older experienced top dog QBs
exactly. and nobody's going to convince me that brady doesn't change play calls at the line. or brees. or ryan. or roethlisberger. or wilson. or rivers. or stafford.

i think high school and college quarterbacks shouldn't be changing their coaches play calls. that would be insubordinate.

All top level QBs make changes at the line of scrimmage. It wasn't all that long ago they called all the plays, except for those specifically sent in by coaches because of what they saw from upstairs.

The day they kill that in a decent QB is the day they've killed their creative skills. I always gave my QBs that option, as long as I knew they'd make wise decisions. Quite often their decision was a good one.

i think high school and college quarterbacks shouldn't be changing their coaches play calls. that would be insubordinate.
At the P5 level happens all the time. There are predetermined reads and checks based on coverage and personal. No way in hell I want to draft a QB who can’t make those reads / adjustments

All QB’s can, and do, change plays at the LOS, and especially when based on what they are reading what the defense alignment it telling them.

Where it gets “murky” is when/if a QB is changing the play just because they didn’t like the play that was called.

At the P5 level happens all the time. There are predetermined reads and checks based on coverage and personal. No way in hell I want to draft a QB who can’t make those reads / adjustments
okay. then i guess it clearly isn't insubordinate. my bad.

All QB’s can, and do, change plays at the LOS, and especially when based on what they are reading what the defense alignment it telling them.

Where it gets “murky” is when/if a QB is changing the play just because they didn’t like the play that was called.
well that seems like it would be pretty hard to prove. if the qb sees something in the defensive alignment that leads him to believe there is a better option than what was called, is that good or bad?

Back