2018 Off-Season Wish List Thread

Davenport could be the most talented with the most upside. He will get over drafted though. Every clip i watched left much to be desired. He has no pass rush moves and gets locked on defenders. He bests up on low level comp with his crazy athletic ability. Needs to become a football player to succeed in the league. He wont help yr 1 and maybe yr 2. Mid to late round in my book

Davenport could be the most talented with the most upside. He will get over drafted though. Every clip i watched left much to be desired. He has no pass rush moves and gets locked on defenders. He bests up on low level comp with his crazy athletic ability. Needs to become a football player to succeed in the league. He wont help yr 1 and maybe yr 2. Mid to late round in my book

That's the reason I mentioned the game between the ears. I think he's smart enough to learn, and use the skills he's taught. You might be right about the time frame, and if that's true, he shouldn't be an early pick. But, I'd gamble that he could be helpful year one, at least on being able to force the game inside from his outside set. He's quick, good feet, and strong, so that would help.

I don't think he'll make it past the top 20 to be honest. After the combine, he might even rank ahead of Chubb. Just guessing here. We'll know more in a few months.

I dont want him with our 1st pick. Hes not mack or ware. Bith those guys had the mobes and football skills to go with ability. Chubb isnt getting out of the top 10. With ferrell going back to school, it bumps the pass rushers up

Key
Landry
Josh jackson
Smith

Hopefully 1 one those guys is the choice

mel kiper has the packers selecting him in the first round.

Haven't read Kiper, but I do know he has a good idea for big guys. I'll never forget is draft day argument with Lindy Infante over Mandarich. Kiper said it was a "stupid pick," and Infante came unglued. Said Kiper was an idiot, and it continued.

Mandarich was a bad pick. Taken two players later? Barry Sanders. Kiper said the Packers should have picked him, right after they picked Mandarich.

So... although I disagree with a lot of what Kiper says, he may be onto something with this one. It's pre-combine though, so nobody knows much for sure.

My wish list is for MM to run a more balanced offense and stick with it. If Aaron Rodgers had a more balanced run game it would open so much more in the passing game. They also need to sit Aaron down and tell him that unless it these 3-4 situations no more checking out of the run to sling it.

Defensively I am not as big a fan of the new DC as most. But regardless they have to get better pass rushers and cut down on the stupid mistakes week after week.

One last thing, if the new coaches need to cut some dead weight loose I hope fans won't get too bent. Sometimes cutting 2-3 of these types of players makes the rest start working a little harder and smarter.

My wish list is for MM to run a more balanced offense and stick with it. If Aaron Rodgers had a more balanced run game it would open so much more in the passing game. They also need to sit Aaron down and tell him that unless it these 3-4 situations no more checking out of the run to sling it.

Defensively I am not as big a fan of the new DC as most. But regardless they have to get better pass rushers and cut down on the stupid mistakes week after week.

One last thing, if the new coaches need to cut some dead weight loose I hope fans won't get too bent. Sometimes cutting 2-3 of these types of players makes the rest start working a little harder and smarter.

I don't feel like Rodgers is the problem on O. I wouldnt put any short leash on him. Only time I have a problem is when it is 3rd and 1 and we go for a hr. Dink and dunk a little more, more then anything. we will use the backs. Rodgers makes this thing go and a healthy team is a top 5 O.

IMO, Davenport has Margus Hunt written all over him.

There are a couple. Arden Key or Harold Landry have been mentioned. The kid from Clemson, Austin Bryant, may be there at 14 also. I still wouldn't spend that kind of money on Trumaine Johnson. I want the Packers to make a run at Kyle Fuller.
I think I would be happier to sign Ziggy and draft a top-flight DB. That's just my personal preference. I do think the Packers need to add more than one great pass-rusher. I'm excited to watch Gutekunst operate. It's going to be interesting. Nice we can really dream big now, eh?! thumbsup

I think I would be happier to sign Ziggy and draft a top-flight DB. That's just my personal preference. I do think the Packers need to add more than one great pass-rusher. I'm excited to watch Gutekunst operate. It's going to be interesting. Nice we can really dream big now, eh?! thumbsup

yep could you imagine a front of perry, clark, daniels and Zig?? backed up by a solid mean dean a high draft pick and maybe a rising adams. hell yea.

Back