2017 forward Nathan Reuvers commits to Badgers basketball

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
NathanReuvers-150x150.jpg

Wisconsin Badgers head coach Greg Gard has his first commitment after officially getting the permanent job this past March. According to sources with our recruiting partners at Badger247, Gard and the Badgers have received a verbal commitment from 2017 forward Nathan Reuvers.

Beyond blessed to announce my commitment to further my education and basketball career at Wisconsin!

The 6-9, 210-pound Minnesota native was in Madison on Wednesday for an unofficial visit and reportedly committed to the coaching staff on that visit. It wasn’t his first visit to the campus though, as he also visited this past September.

Gard should’ve been plenty familiar with Reuvers, as he was the lead recruiter for him until taking over the helm of the program this past December. However, Gard had help recently thanks to the hire of former Badger Joe Krabenhoft as an assistant. Krabenhoft had a relationship with Reuvers as an assistant with South Dakota State this past season.

Since those moves, Reuvers has blown up on the recruiting trail and held over 20 offers before committing to the Badgers.

Schools in on Reuvers included the likes of Minnesota, Clemson, Marquette, North Carolina State, Northwestern, DePaul, and Washington State. Confirmation of Reuvers’ commitment came in his talk to the St. Paul Pioneer Press on Wednesday afternoon.

Gard reportedly made two trips via plane to be around Reuvers during his recruitment and that kind of love paid off.

“It definitely showed a lot,” Reuvers said. “He came out to watch me play when he wasn’t even sure if he had the job yet.”

He also had a few things to say about the home-state Gophers, including a note to the culture and lack of quality within happening in Minneapolis.

“I definitely see all that stuff that is going on there,” he said. “I just don’t feel like I would be good in that culture.”

Reuvers was thought to be waiting to see if an offer from Notre Dame, where he had family ties, would come. However, he took UW’s offer and ran following his second visit and appears to be shutting down his recruitment.

“I could have waited until summer and picked up more offers in July, but even if I would have picked up those offers, I don’t think it would have changed my mind,” Reuvers said.

He joins Wisconsin native Kobe King in the class of 2017, and UW’s class now ranks No. 13 in the country and No. 4 in the Big Ten.

The post 2017 forward Nathan Reuvers commits to Badgers basketball appeared first on Madtown Badgers.

Continue reading...

Cool seems UW is having a pretty strong class 13th in nation and 4th in B1G. Expect this team to contend for B1G titles in a couple years.

They'll be title contenders this year and for the next several after at this rate. Assuming Hayes comes back which looks almost certain at this point, they are bringing back the entire team from last year and pretty much everyone else in the Big-10 has lost some top talent. Not saying they are a shoe-in, but they will be contenders. Then as you say, they seem to be recruiting pretty well so the next few years after this look pretty bright as well. Sure looks like Gard is the real deal.

It's funny to listen to feedback on this up here in Duckland.
Young Pittino is under fire and having a Metro kid, who had an offer from Minnesota, say that Gard worked very hard with him, even when it wasn't sure he'd be the head coach, made the difference. Claimed the gophers didn't work hard enough to get him. LOL!

Young Pittino is under fire and having a Metro kid, who had an offer from Minnesota, say that Gard worked very hard with him, even when it wasn't sure he'd be the head coach, made the difference. Claimed the gophers didn't work hard enough to get him. LOL!

Plus I think when you can tell MN is a train wreck and UW is going up the next few years makes the choice eaiser.

Not sure how hard Pitino worked for this kid, but sometimes you take what these kids say with a grain of salt. Sometimes they are just looking for something to say about why they picked the school they did and it's not always exactly as they present it.

Part of me says maybe he just didn't want to play for a team going nowhere for a few years, for a coach likely to be gone soon, and a program that has multiple issues. Why not go to the perennial Big-10 power who goes to the tournament every year if you get the chance. Sometimes the kids say stuff like this because they don't want to say the things I just said out of respect for the home state school.

Not sure how hard Pitino worked for this kid, but sometimes you take what these kids say with a grain of salt. Sometimes they are just looking for something to say about why they picked the school they did and it's not always exactly as they present it.

Part of me says maybe he just didn't want to play for a team going nowhere for a few years, for a coach likely to be gone soon, and a program that has multiple issues. Why not go to the perennial Big-10 power who goes to the tournament every year if you get the chance. Sometimes the kids say stuff like this because they don't want to say the things I just said out of respect for the home state school.

Minnesota has a good class coming in Coffey is a big time recruit and Curry is solid. So much is about system fit. Pitino may want a guy who can run the floor and did not see a fit. Reuvers is not a program changing guy at least at this point. Can he develop sure

Minnesota has a good class coming in Coffey is a big time recruit and Curry is solid. So much is about system fit. Pitino may want a guy who can run the floor and did not see a fit. Reuvers is not a program changing guy at least at this point. Can he develop sure
Well, he saw enough to offer a scholarship.
Pitino is under fire for money spending on private jets and a phone recorded sex episode from two of his players posted to the web. I think 57 was right. The kid was being as kind as possible without mentioning the elephant in the room.

Well, he saw enough to offer a scholarship.
Pitino is under fire for money spending on private jets and a phone recorded sex episode from two of his players posted to the web. I think 57 was right. The kid was being as kind as possible without mentioning the elephant in the room.
If Pitino wins games the rest is a non issue. Coffey is a top 10 PF already committed . It's very possible Pitino did not see him as a good fit. It happens. Ryan built a program on kids fitting a system, not trying to get a guy to change to fit his system. Gard saw a guy who was a good system fit and upside.

Back