2017 First-Pick draft simulator

Is RB going to be a 'need' position when all is said and done? With the transition of Monty to RB along with the addition of Michael is RB really going to be a top priority? Lacy might be back, but on a one year 'prove it' contract. Starks is probably gone and Jackson is coming off of the IR. Unless one of the top two fall to us, I just don't think TT will even draft one. I'd love to see a change of pace back with some speed, but that's such a limited role I doubt TT/MM use a draft pick on it.
Should open us up to utilize the pick for defense. IMO.

Had to burn next years number one, but to obtain Garrett it was worth it. Best defensive playmaker available.
Even nabbing Garrett, was able to fill TE, CB and OG needs with very good talent. Really like this one.

Your score is: 10118 (GRADE: A-)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 2 Pick 21: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 25 (HOU): Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky (A+)
Round 4 Pick 18 (T.B.): Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee (A+)
Round 4 Pick 21: Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 5 Pick 21: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Jake Replogle, DT, Purdue (A)
Round 7 Pick 21: Pharaoh Brown, TE, Oregon (B-)

Nabbed 4 1st rounder talents in this one.

Your score is: 9788 (GRADE: B+)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 32 (N.E.): Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA (B)
Round 2 Pick 21: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford (A+)
Round 2 Pick 23 (MIA): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 32 (N.E.): Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford (A+)
Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 21: David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 4 Pick 3 (CHI): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)
Round 4 Pick 29 (OAK): Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia (B)
Round 5 Pick 3 (CHI): Derrick Nnadi, DT, Florida State (A)
Round 5 Pick 21: Jake Eldrenkamp, OG, Washington (A)
Round 5 Pick 31 (BUF): Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State (B+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova (B)
Round 7 Pick 21: John Johnson, FS, Boston College (A)

Now the Pack is at 29. I think TE and RB have moved down the need list. CB is where I think we need the most help with Shields smoking dope and Randall not competing. Pass rush would also help, our guys getting a little long in the tooth.

Your score is: 9975 (GRADE: B+)
Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 7 (NYJ): Charles Harris, DE, Missouri (A)
Round 2 Pick 29: T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin (A)
Round 3 Pick 2 (S.F.): Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A)
Round 3 Pick 6 (NYJ): Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky (A-)
Round 3 Pick 29: Evan Engram, TE/WR, Ole Miss (A)
Round 4 Pick 28: Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky (A+)
Round 6 Pick 4 (HOU): Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A-)
Round 6 Pick 17 (WASH): Tanzel Smart, DT, Tulane (A+)

Four picks on each side of the ball. Speed at CB, TE, WR and RB. Lamp reminds me of Tretter.

Okay, we resign Lang and Tretter. Sorry, but Hyde has played his way out. He's earned too much money for showing up for just the second half of the year. We also need to talk BJ into returning next year. Then we draft this:

Your score is: 11119 (GRADE: A-)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29: Jabrill Peppers, SS/OLB, Michigan (A+)
Round 2 Pick 29: David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A+)
Round 3 Pick 29: Kevin King, CB, Washington (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29: Danny Isidora, OG, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 6 Pick 28: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Austin Rehkow, P, Idaho (A+)

Okay, we resign Lang and Tretter. Sorry, but Hyde has played his way out. He's earned too much money for showing up for just the second half of the year. We also need to talk BJ into returning next year. Then we draft this:

Your score is: 11119 (GRADE: A-)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29: Jabrill Peppers, SS/OLB, Michigan (A+)
Round 2 Pick 29: David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A+)
Round 3 Pick 29: Kevin King, CB, Washington (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29: Danny Isidora, OG, Miami (Fla.) (A)

where do you play peppers?? I don't think he fits what you do. imo I think he isn't a 1st rounder and see bust. just don't see the hype. he is very below average in coverage. isn't a rush lber, pretty small to hold up inside. sure he is a great athlete but I don't see a great football player at the next level.

where do you play peppers?? I don't think he fits what you do. imo I think he isn't a 1st rounder and see bust. just don't see the hype. he is very below average in coverage. isn't a rush lber, pretty small to hold up inside. sure he is a great athlete but I don't see a great football player at the next level.
I agree with a lot of that. With what was left on the board he was quite the 'value' pick. BPA. IF we drafted him I think he would be a SS/LB type rover. I think we would be running full time nickel. Fast, athletic player, but does he have playmaking instincts? Could he be a Troy Palamolu (?) type player?
I confess, I took him so I'd get a good grade...my bad.

haha, not a big deal. just was trying to get some talk going. to look at it from the other side, I do like how we have brought Burney down in the box and used him some this year. Peppers could fill that type of role but I just worry about his coverage skills if asked to jump on a slot wr. There is a place for guys like him (Carolina and the Cards are doing it) but not for me in the 1st.

I really think he flourished on the Mich d more by what has around him. A great athlete that could roam with studs up front

Been reading the Shrine practice reports. With Cook starting to perform and the development of Monty, Michael and the possible return of Lacy....The top perceived needs (RB, TE) don't really exist as they were. I can't see taking a RB early (unless D. Cook slides) and TE is looking more solid with DickRod as a backup. I also saw that one of my man crushes quit football, Jake Replogle isn't going to pursue an NFL career. His last injury scared him to the business world. So now I think CB is our greatest need and should be available at our pick. It also should be very close to BPA. I'm hoping for Sidney Jones from Washington, but TT probably has G Conley from Ohio State. Then a replay of last year where TT trades up in second..... and grabs TJ Watt!

Had to get one more in before we slide to at least 31st!:cool:

Your score is: 11569 (GRADE: A)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington (A)
Round 2 Pick 29: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 29: Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29: Damien Mama, OG, Southern California (A+)

Rehkow reminds me of Craig Heintrich, punter who can kick in a pinch.

Back