2016 Predict The Season Thread

9-7

With the problems in the locker room, losing Sitton, and having a ton of UDFA on the roster I don't see this team doing a whole lot.

Passing Game: Did you notice when AR was in the for the two series in the 3rd preseason game it was the same old podo(? He had 5 to 7 seconds to throw the ball yet did not release it. I looked back at the tape and our WR's consistently did not get open. Same thing as last year. Our WR's are just not that good and cannot get separation, even with Nelson.

Running Game: Without Sitton, I see the running game being very mediocre again. Lacy is still not back to the shape in his rookie year. Starks can't handle more than 10 carries a game and Burks is not an NFL RB. Not confident.

Defensive Line: We have a ton of young guys that have not proven themselves. Unless three or four of these guys step up big time (which with draft picks is unlikely to happen in their first year) we will be very average.

ILB: Again young and unproven. Ryan is not very fast and has proven to not have great instincts. Martinez looks the part but will take time to develop. There is no one else that is worth discussing.

OLB: Strongest position on defense next to the defensive backfield. I like the depth with Perry and Jones. Fackrell looks like an up and comer.

CB: Young but very good. This should be one of the strongest areas on the team. Talent and depth.

S: Very strong with Burnett and Ha Ha. Hyde can play back up and I really like Brice as a young guy. Should be solid.

ST: Crosby is the mainstay. Shum seems to have better hang time than Mathstay. We will see with him.

I see our offense as under achieving again this year with the issues I stated above.
Defense will be average and struggle against the run again due to our youth on the line and inside LB.
There will be a lot of close games and we will struggle on the road and be average at home.
The only reason I give us a record of 9-7 is because of the easy schedule.
I hope I am way off. pop(

At Jaguars L
At Vikings L
Lions W
Giants L
Cowboys W
Bears W
At Falcons W
Colts W
At Titans W
At Redskins L
At Eagles W
Texans W
Seahawks L
At Bears L
Vikings L
At Lions W

If you are correct that the locker room is in disarray, we have a poor O line without Sitton, WRs that can't get seperation (and if they do they can't catch), no speed at RB, no depth on the D line or ILB and we have too many UDFAs on the roster 9-7 might be a tad optimistic. We'll be lucky to stay out of the basement of the division if all of this is true. Who do you think will take the NFCN instead?

I think the Vikings do because of their defense. Their offense was not great last year and they went 11-5. This year it is an easier schedule so even without Bridgewater they could be fine.

I hope the Pack is better than I think; however, at this point I am concerned.

If they win the first two I have them 12-4. If they split 11-5. Don't see them losing both.

A game I thought they would lose but now could win is the Vikings in MN. Might take a few games for Bradford to gel with the offense could allow the Packers to steal a win there.

I think the Vikings do because of their defense. Their offense was not great last year and they went 11-5. This year it is an easier schedule so even without Bridgewater they could be fine.

I hope the Pack is better than I think; however, at this point I am concerned.

Of course our schedule is even easier than theirs...

I know this is kind of a cop out but how can anyone even make a prediction at this point? We've barely seen any of this team play. A couple drives with the starting OL (now down one starter), 9 pass attempts from the starting QB, three series for the star OLB, a revolving door at DB based on match ups (what will that look like?), same with ILB, a key backup on the DL suspended and a 20 year old rookie starter on the DL with a tight back who hasn't played in three weeks... oh! and our star WR hasn't taken a snap in anger in over a year. 9-7? 14-2? Both possible IMO. First month of the season is like pre-season for these guys.

Wild ass guess. 11-5

I'm assuming 87 returns to form. Big assumption, Lacy contributes and we stay relatively healthy

Back