2016 Off-Seasons Needs

at this point, we just need playmakers. preferably with speed. i agree that we do not need to draft fullback, quarterback or center. and personally, i would not draft another cornerback or safety this year. i like our secondary. we can pick up a couple undrafted guys that can compete (like ladarius gunter, tramon williams, or sam shields for example).

i would try really hard to draft the best available players that play the following positions: tight end, wide receiver, offensive tackle, linebacker. not focusing on solid all-around journeymen but rather looking for guys that make game-changing plays. these guys are available in every round and even among the undrafted. thinking about guys like jayrone elliot for example.

after seeing how bad our wide receivers are at getting open, i would make speed the number one priority there. you don't necessarily have to use a first or second round pick to get one. look at jj nelson picked up by the cards in the fifth round (4.28 speed). or the vikings stefon diggs - also a fifth round pick.

Pretty much agree rb. Just add some play-makers/difference makers at a few positions.

Just to clarify on the dB situation I don't see a reason to make one a priority, but I hate being short in the secondary with the way the league is trending. Assuming Hayward moves on and that Richardson is gone for good, I'd like to stay deep and don't want to count on Goodson or Gunter in case of an injury or two.

Unless Trader Ted turns into Trade-Up Ted, we'll likely have at least 9 picks - assuming the 2 comps I mentioned. Even if we use the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and two 4ths on the priority positions - OT, WR, TE and LBx2, you will still have 4 more picks in rounds 5, 6, and 7. Plenty for 4 out of 5 of RB, CB, DL, S, or OG.

Sure, you can find some of these guys as UDFA's (and I hope we do) but I'm of the opinion that there is no reason to take a chance. If you have identified a guy you like as an UDFA priority, why risk losing him to someone else - use the late picks on the guys you really like.

Back