2016 NFL Combine Workouts: Wide Receiver Results and 40 times

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
usa-today-9137762.0.jpg

The pass-catchers are taking the field for their first workouts at the Combine - follow along with their results here.

This year's group of NFL Draft-eligible wide receivers are an intriguing group of players, running the gamut of all shapes and sizes. Last year, the Packers took a receiver in a running back's body, Stanford's Ty Montgomery, in the third round of the draft.

Although the Green Bay Packers appear to have a deep, talented, and young group of wide receivers on the team, we said the same thing about the team last year before Montgomery's selection, so it is certainly possible that the Packers could draft a wideout again this year.

One of this year's top receiver prospects, Laquon Treadwell of Ole Miss, will not be running the 40 today, despite not having anyn apparent injury concerns. The likely favorite for the best 40 time today among receivers is Ohio State's Braxton Miller, who has been reported to run under 4.3 on the fast turf at the Buckeyes' training facility.

Stay up to date with the 40 times and results below.

Continue reading @http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/ ...

Watched some bits and pieces of the coverage and one comment was made about this being an extremely slow group of WRs. The few 40 times I did see were not impressive.

Weller posted the best time. I think it was 4.3...

The rest ran 4.50 or more.

Like 57 said. Not too impressive.

honestly, i do not think there is a single wide receiver that is worthy of a first round pick. and that's not based on 40 times. that's based on all the factors.

you remember when you posted your mock with the packers taking doctson in the 3rd? i told you he wasn't going to last that long. he probably looked the best of all of them out there, but i was a little disappointed with his 40 time. 4.5 isn't horrible (especially compared to the rest of the bunch) but if he had run something in the 4.4 range that would be considered "blowing it up" in my opinion.

you remember when you posted your mock with the packers taking doctson in the 3rd? i told you he wasn't going to last that long. he probably looked the best of all of them out there, but i was a little disappointed with his 40 time. 4.5 isn't horrible (especially compared to the rest of the bunch) but if he had run something in the 4.4 range that would be considered "blowing it up" in my opinion.
He looked better then I thought... the injury and lack of film last season I thought might drive him down( I can dream LOL) He's going to be a solid pro WR.

all these 40 times will improve at pro days. The class as a whole wasn't fast but technique could be a factor. Doctson was a guy I took in my 1st mock back in Oct on another site and got blasted. While I don't see the packers taking him in the 1st now he will be a nice find for someone. Fuller is another that will be a good wr.

Back