2016 NFL Combine Results: Linebackers' workout results and 40 times

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
usa-today-9146596.0.jpg

Darron Lee was one of the standouts of the linebacker group in Indy on Sunday.

Joining the defensive linemen on the field at Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday for their workouts were the linebackers. 39 players made up the linebacker group, though not all of them went through all of the individual drills at this year's NFL Scouting Combine.

By far, the best individual athletic performance of the group belonged to Ohio State linebacker Darron Lee. He far and away led the field in the 40-yard dash, running it in 4.43 seconds and also posted the best broad jump with a length of 11 feet, one inch.

Another impressive physical performance was put up by Travis Feeney from the University of Washington. Feeney nearly caught Lee's 40 time, running it in 4.50 seconds and posting the top vertical jump in the group at 40 inches. He also was just a few inches short of Lee's broad jump at 10 feet, 10 inches.

Check out all the results from the linebacker workouts below.

Continue reading @http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/ ...

Lee worked his way out of the Packers reach. bh(

This defense desperately needs to get faster!

Lee worked his way out of the Packers reach. bh(

This defense desperately needs to get faster!
Could very well be gone. I'm kinda hoping for a good biggie falling to us, it's very rare to find good ones at end of R1.

He's still light for a ILB, with a reportedly pretty maxed out frame, which may scare some teams (NFL OL can probably engulf him at times), but maaany teams are scrambling to find speed and coverage ability at LB. Dunno if he'd be more than dime LB for us in 2016, expecting 3-down insta-production may be pushing it.

I agree that it is unlikely that Lee will be available at #27. More likely that Ragland is.

Oh guys, I wouldn't complain at all if Ted finally grabs a good, solid big or two for the DL. I think that would a huge help to our LB' s as well.

Last edited:
Interesting note:

Jake Ryan had better results in every category than Ragland and went as a 4th round pick but some here would have us taking Ragland in the 1st.

Ryan: 4.65 - 40, 120" - broad jump, 4.2 sec. - 20yd shuttle, 34.5" - vertical
Ragland: 4.72 - 40, 116" - broad jump, 4.28 sec. - 20yd shuttle, 31.5" - vertical

It sure would be nice to see a big jump from Ryan this year.

Back