2016 Draft Simulator

Interesting picks but I can't see GB and Chicago being trade partners.
I know, but in the sim the Bears offered three picks for me to move down 15 spots. I just couldn't pass that up. They drafted a CB that I wouldn't have drafted. It's just all sh**s and giggles anyway. Lots of trading available in that game, nothing like reality.

Off of FanSpeak using the NFL.com big board. A man can dream:

27: R1P27 ILB REGGIE RAGLAND ALABAMA
57: R2P26 DT VERNON BUTLER LOUISIANA TECH
88: R3P25 OLB DEION JONES LSU
126: R4P27 OT LE'RAVEN CLARK TEXAS TECH
132: R4P33 RB JONATHAN WILLIAMS ARKANSAS
138: R4P39 CB DEIONDRE' HALL NORTHERN IOWA
163: R5P24 TE TYLER HIGBEE WESTERN KENTUCKY
203: R6P25 WR DEMARCUS ROBINSON FLORIDA
246: R7P27 DT D.J. READER CLEMSON

I can figure why they didn't score this as high as I might have guessed, but the way the board fell... well that's just how it is sometimes.

Your score is: 8448 (GRADE: A)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29 (ARI): Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 27: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 30 (ARI): Kyle Murphy, OT, Stanford (A-)
Round 3 Pick 32 (DEN): Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 4 Pick 27: Tyler Higbee, TE, Western Kentucky (A)
Round 4 Pick 30 (ARI): Charles Tapper, DE, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 5 (DEN): Joe Schobert, OLB, Wisconsin (A)
Round 5 Pick 25: Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: D.J. Reader, DT, Clemson (A)
Round 7 Pick 27: Tanner McEvoy, TE/WR, Wisconsin (B)

I can figure why they didn't score this as high as I might have guessed, but the way the board fell... well that's just how it is sometimes.

Your score is: 8448 (GRADE: A)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29 (ARI): Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 27: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 30 (ARI): Kyle Murphy, OT, Stanford (A-)
Round 3 Pick 32 (DEN): Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 4 Pick 27: Tyler Higbee, TE, Western Kentucky (A)
Round 4 Pick 30 (ARI): Charles Tapper, DE, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 5 (DEN): Joe Schobert, OLB, Wisconsin (A)
Round 5 Pick 25: Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: D.J. Reader, DT, Clemson (A)
Round 7 Pick 27: Tanner McEvoy, TE/WR, Wisconsin (B)
Nice! I wonder if they take into account that your first two picks weren't what they considered filling needs. So that even thought you got tremendous value for the pick, you weren't necessarily taking care of your teams needs. For instance: if you would have nabbed OT Conklin in the first and RB Dixon in the third, same positions just flipped 1st and 3rd. I don't really know though. The trouble is that they condition us to think 'their' way.

Hadn't been there in a while. Speed! Drango will back up RT and G with Tretter backing up at C and LT.

Your score is: 8935 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 31 (DEN): Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 5 (S.F.): Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech (A+)
Round 3 Pick 19 (IND): Kyler Fackrell, OLB/DE, Utah State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Deion Jones, OLB, LSU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 31 (CAR): Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 2 (TENN): Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA (A+)
Round 4 Pick 7 (S.F.): Spencer Drango, OG/OT, Baylor (A-)
Round 4 Pick 18 (IND): Tyler Higbee, TE, Western Kentucky (A-)
Round 4 Pick 27: Kamalei Correa, OLB, Boise State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: James Bradberry, CB, Samford (B)
Round 6 Pick 27: Demarcus Robinson, WR, Florida (A)
Round 7 Pick 27: Victor Ochi, OLB, Stony Brook (A+)

I don't normally comment on the sims, but this draft would be amazing. Elliot will almost certainly be a top-20 pick. Butler could easily go in the 1st round and I don't see him lasting far into the 2nd round. Fackrell has a lot of potential as does Jones. I'm sure that someone will take Miller in the 2nd round, Kenny Clark should be a late 1st/early 2nd and Drango will probably go in the 2nd or early 3rd. Great upside with Higbee and Correa may go as high as the 2nd round and I don't see how he would get out of the 3rd. Ochi is one of my favorites and has a chance to go as high as the 3rd round but probably 4th, so to get him in the 7th is a steal.

Overall, 3 very good OLB prospects, 2 very good DL prospects, high-upside prospects at WR and TE and by far the best RB in this draft. Wow!

Nice! I wonder if they take into account that your first two picks weren't what they considered filling needs. So that even thought you got tremendous value for the pick, you weren't necessarily taking care of your teams needs. For instance: if you would have nabbed OT Conklin in the first and RB Dixon in the third, same positions just flipped 1st and 3rd. I don't really know though. The trouble is that they condition us to think 'their' way.

I try to go BPA in every approach, unless Ragland makes it past the top 21, then I try trading up.

When he doesn't fall, and there aren't any "day 1" graded OTs left on the board, I fall back. Elliot still there at 29 I figured he regularly goes in the top 15 in the sims, so I pulled the trigger. Saw Doctson with a day 1 grade, so I took him. Murphy had a day 2 grade, but wasn't quite as good as some of the other players available. So that's the A- reason.

Yeah, I didn't hit a lot of 'needs' but I figured the 8400 score is the result of tremendous value picks, sans the McEvoy pick in the 7th. But most of those picks are crapshoots unless you find a guy that scores you well.

Agree that you definitely start looking at thing through their scoring system instead of what might better reflect reality.

I don't know if this is considered off topic or not...hope its not. I have heard that some people think that TT may pull the trigger on Jaylon Smith in the 1st round.
Last I heard he may be out for most of 2016 if not all of it. No one knows if he can completely come back from his injury but I think it is too much of a gamble to take him at all in the 1st 3 or 4 rounds.

The 49s took Marcus Lattimore in the 4th round, and I don't think he ever saw a snap in a game or in practice.

I can't possibly imagine a guy like Ted Thompson taking Smith before the 5th round, if at all.

I think if Smith falls beyond the 2nd round then teams think his medicals are really bad. If they aren't someone will take a chance on him by then. But if he does fall, I wouldn't use a pick on him until at least the 4th round and I'd probably wait until the 5th.

Back