10 things to know about Wisconsin Badgers vs. Illinois Fighting Illini

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
It’s Homecoming in Champaign, where they claim to have formally started the tradition almost all colleges participate in these days. However, the Badgers are looking to spoil the Illini’s party and continue an undefeated start to the 2017 season. While on paper this seems to be a big mismatch, what do the deep stats and tidbits about this series tell us? Let’s look in to the 10...

Source

Continue reading...

It's going to be an unhappy homecoming for Illini fans. The Badgers are going to put them down hard.

We should be seeing improvement in Hornibrook's play, and we aren't. I'm beginning to fear he's already reached the level of play we can expect, and that's not enough to challenge for national championships. You need to be able to turn it loose when you need to, and he just plain hasn't got the skill set to make it happen. I sure hope Coan has it down the road, because even Chryst's faith in Hornibrook is going to run out.

They also need to work more with Grosheck. He's not a bad running back, and from what I saw, may actually be better than Shaw. He's kind of a wild card because he was a HS QB, and he can throw the ball.

2019 is going to be a glut of RBs for the Badgers. I wonder if they'll move Grosheck out to WR. He's one heck of an athlete.

On the positive side, the defense played very well, but even the announcers were questioning some of Leonhard's defensive decisions. They were obvious blunders that shouldn't happen. These things can kill a game on you in a heartbeat.

The announcers said it, and it was obvious. Hornibrook locks onto a receiver and follows him with his eyes, ignoring all other options on the field. That definitely has to stop.

Back