10 things to know about 2017 Big Ten championship game

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The two most successful programs in the Big Ten over the past 20 years meet for just the second time in the Big Ten championship this Saturday. Yes, the Wisconsin Badgers and Ohio State Buckeyes tangle with a Big Ten championship and a potential berth in the College Football Playoff on the line. Wisconsin’s scenario is easy, win and the No. 4 Badgers are in. The only question would be would...

Source

Continue reading...

Nice write up. I think it covered all the bases on tonight's game. Both teams have positives when it comes to this game, and both have negatives. No matter what, it's going to be interesting seeing where both these programs stand at this point in time.

Personally, I have guarded optimism that the Badgers can win this one. I think they have the tools to get it done. My biggest question is going to fall on officials. For some reason, officials seem to want to determine the outcome of way too many Badger/OSU games. I've seen it repeatedly, and to be honest, it's getting pretty darned old. I'm not just saying this as sour grapes, I'm saying it because even the Badgers athletic department has made note of it, and stated it concerned them in the past. This doesn't help the Badgers, because they believe the table is tilted against them before they hit the field. It should not be that way.

But, at the same time, I believe Paul Chryst and his coaching staff have put the Badgers through the best preparation week they could possibly have, before taking on the Buckeyes. It could be one heckuva game, or we could see either team take a two score lead, and work it to an even bigger margin, before it's over.

I'm picking the Badgers to win this one, and not because I'm being a "homer." I'm picking them because I believe the Hornibrook we saw last week will show up, and Taylor is going to bust open a 200 yard game on the ground. On defense, OSU may score during the first half, but they're not going to be nearly as potent during the second half. The Leonhard defense will cut them down by the 4th quarter.

Badgers 24 OSU 17

Got to admit I'm a homer but do believe in this team. A special team it is. Win or lose one heck of a ride this year. Got to go with Bucky 20 to 13. Believe me bet the under.

Back